"But, But...No. No buts. You're bullshitting being a good person in front of Drew so he doesn't know how horrible and fucked up his father figure is. Let me guess, you actually left the house today and that's why you appear here. Looking all happy and comfortable, when I know damn well the real Wilbur Beloved is aching for something horrible to inflict onto himself." Red spat out as I felt myself somewhat shrink. Maybe Red was taller sure, but the idea of him breaking me down in my moment of pure serotonin with my son made me rather upset. "I get you're mad, I understand it. But seriously? Is this the best you can do? We both got fucked, and I decided to take longer with it ok?" I said, pushing Red slightly as Red chuckled. "Oh? Really? After everything I've done?" He cried as I smiled, and walked back inside. Not giving him a sort of satisfaction. But it only made me think, grabbing Drew from my office to drag us back home. I was stuck and found myself biting my lip til it bled. Red knows me better than ever. But I can't let that side show. Not with Drew.

The car ride back was silent, Drew was trying to cheer me up. I could feel the kid trying. But the more he spoke, the more I could hear Edith. It was driving me crazy. "Daddy, are you okay?" He cried out one last time as I slammed the car outside of the garage. Holding the wheel til my knuckles faded white. "Just go inside..." I mumbled as Drew agreed, climbing out and walking inside. I breathed heavily as I placed my head against the wheel. Red's right. I'm being worse just trying to pretend like I didn't do anything prior to this swap... I felt my chest compress, feeling my skin prick up. Like someone was wanting to peel it off for me, the itchy composure. I lifted my head up to spot the 'angel' again. It stared at me, before pointing to the door of the house. Edith was standing only a bit taller than Drew. There was no face on her–but Drew's concerned expression made it worse. It's almost like his face just shared with the slowly growing beast that was Edith. The husk of a monster drooling and clouding over Drew. My eyes widened as I shook my head. I got out of the car quickly approaching Drew and tried to hurry him inside. My heart beating as Drew watched my hands fumble. "Daddy–"

"Drew–Drew I am—Drew I'm such a bad person..." I cried holding him close as Drew didn't budge. "Drew–Daddy's not...Daddy's not like Mommy..." I cried, biting back tears as I kept on trying to open the house door. I held Drew closer now, quickly glancing backward to try to spot the two horrific pieces of nature looming. I could feel it–it was almost triggering some inside force as I managed to hear the locks click. I pushed Drew inside with me as I slammed the door. Letting the kid go, I stared at the door–panting. "Daddy, what do you mean..." He mumbled, looking scared at my frantic and quickly lucid movement. "Drew–I'm so sorry for you...Edith–she's..." I mumbled, collapsing towards Drew as the poor kid's eyes only softened. The same way his mother's did. I didn't love the same level of empathy shared with me. "Edoth?" He cried, confused as he wanted to get closure. "No! Edith! Edith! Edith! You're older sister! I can't handle trying to be the only one masking this...this pain!" I cried—almost yelling at him. Tears flowing easily down my face as I tugged at my hair. Drew only shook his head, confused, he was only three. How the hell could he respond to his father's breakdown? Edith was only 2! She wouldn't know either!

Oh god.

Oh god.

I'm a horrible father.

A horrible person.

Why am I crying for my poor son for help?!

He doesn't understand why I'm so conflicted and upset!

Drew flinched slightly as he stood there, his hands cupping on his own. "God—I'm...I'm everything they say I am, huh Drew?" I asked, slightly laughing while the tears flew down onto the floor. I found myself slowly collapsing to Drew's level as the kid only shook his head, moving with scarcity at every action I pulled. "Drew...am I really the same man you thought I was? The same father that's crying like a woman?" I asked. Hoping to hear something negative, but only met with sorrowful eyes. Pity glistening over my sobering state. "Daddy–Mommy speaks nice...she...she sometime speak mean to Auntie Nova...but..." He spoke out finally, finally having the courage to approach and wrap his small hands around my large body. "You still Daddy, and...I miss Daddy when with Mommy..." He mumbled as we stayed still for a while. My labored and frantic breathing paused as I smiled, breaking apart from the frown. I lifted myself up slightly as I hugged Drew, holding him close as the 'Angel' loomed. I could feel it. I held Drew close as I rubbed his back to still keep a lookout for that Edith monster. But she was nowhere to be seen, the house was only still and heavy. Maybe due to the fact this could just be my guilt, and poor Drew's was melting with mine.