CHAPTER 1 : VOICE

Amidst the cacophony of shouting and cheering, the raucous crowd surged around the colossal ring, where the battle of wills unfolded. Suddenly, a figure soared into the air, prompting the audience to erupt in excitement. "Stand up, Pavel!" echoed through the throng, summoning a hesitant figure to rise.

Slowly, Pavel, his body a canvas of bruises and determination, answered the call. Just then, a deep, commanding voice reverberated, drawing Pavel's gaze to a towering figure in uniform. With broad shoulders and a commanding presence, the man exuded an aura of concern and authority, compelling Pavel to press on.

As the minutes ticked by and the battle raged on, Pavel emerged victorious, though not unscathed. His battered frame bore witness to the fierce struggle, yet he refused to yield. For within the chaos, he glimpsed a flicker of purpose - Krit.

Spotting Krit amidst the rain-soaked streets, his body battered and bruised, Pavel's past came flooding back. Memories of a childhood marred by abuse and exploitation surged to the forefront of his mind. But now, faced with Krit's resilient spirit and unwavering support, Pavel found solace in the bonds of friendship.

As Krit tended to Pavel's wounds, a figure entered the scene, dressed in sharp attire. Sensing danger, Pavel instinctively shielded Krit from harm's way, locking eyes with the stranger in a silent challenge. Little did Pavel know, this encounter would unravel a series of events that would test his resolve and reshape his destiny.

As Pooh grasped Pavel's hand, a sense of protection emanated from the younger boy, despite his smaller stature compared to Pavel's. With a determined stride, Pooh positioned himself in front of Pavel, his gaze piercing through the gangs with an unmistakable intensity. "Your eyes are incredibly beautiful," Pooh remarked, his tone laced with a mixture of admiration and warning. "But I don't appreciate that look. Let's go," he added, leading Pavel away from the confrontation.

Arriving at Tin's modest home, a cozy abode tucked away from the bustling streets, Tin suggested accompanying Pavel to his room to ensure his well-being. However, Pavel gently removed Tin's hand from his arm and insisted, "You should rest now. It's late."

Despite Tin's reluctance to leave Pavel's side, he recognized the sincerity in Pavel's tone and respected his wishes. With a final glance filled with concern and care, Tin bid Pavel goodnight before reluctantly retreating to his own quarters. The exchange between the two boys underscored their growing bond and mutual concern for one another's well-being, despite the challenges they faced.

In the early hours, Tin silently slipped out of the house to make his way to school. Before leaving, he left a neatly-prepared breakfast for Pavel, accompanied by a thoughtful note explaining that he intentionally refrained from waking Pavel, hoping he could get some much-needed rest after the recent turmoil.

At school, Tin was a standout figure, known not only for his academic prowess but also for his unmatched skills. Despite his popularity, Tin was somewhat of a lone wolf, consumed by his studies and driven by a singular goal-to secure a better future for himself and Pavel. His dedication to academics earned him the coveted title of top student, a status he maintained with unwavering focus.

While Tin was admired by many, he remained friendless, his interactions limited to the pursuit of knowledge. His reputation for academic excellence overshadowed any desire for social connections. Unbeknownst to Pavel, Tin's day didn't end when the final bell rang. He discreetly engaged in part-time work, saving every penny earned from Pavel's generous contributions for a purpose he kept hidden.

As Tin navigated the challenges of school life, he received a summons, beckoning him to the school office. To his surprise, he was handed registration forms for upcoming competitions, particularly one in judo where Tin was designated as the school's representative. This unexpected opportunity ignited a spark of determination in Tin's eyes; his commitment to excel extended beyond academics into the realm of physical prowess.

The competition promised a chance for Tin to showcase his skills beyond the classroom, potentially opening doors to opportunities that could alter their circumstances. As he accepted the forms, a sense of purpose filled him, driving Tin to prove that his abilities transcended the boundaries of books and exams.

As the day drew to a close, Tin headed to his part-time job as a mechanic, working diligently on cars with a skill that spoke volumes about his versatility. Meanwhile, Pavel awoke to an empty room, greeted only by the remnants of Tin's thoughtful breakfast. As Pavel pondered their journey together, he reflected on the pivotal moment when he took Tin under his wing at the age of 19.

In the early days, winning Tin's trust proved to be a daunting task. Pavel, once a struggling waiter himself, saw echoes of his own past in the battered 13-year-old Tin. Motivated by empathy, Pavel relentlessly worked to break through Tin's tough exterior. He understood the importance of providing a safe haven for a child who, like him, yearned for a life free from the shackles of abuse.

Recalling the journey, Pavel marveled at Tin's resilience. The stubbornness that once made Tin challenging to approach had transformed into an unwavering determination to succeed. Pavel cherished the New Year when he finally convinced Tin to join him on a different path, a decision neither of them regretted.

What struck Pavel the most was Tin's remarkable intellect and resourcefulness. Pavel recognized that Tin possessed all the qualities necessary for success, yet struggled with the solitude he imposed on himself. Pavel's heart swelled with pride as he witnessed Tin's commitment to education and earning a living.