Fifteen

The next morning, Tanay made Aadya coffee and an omelet with toasted slices of bread. He wished he could take the day off and stay home with her but he had just taken his new place in the office and it wouldn't look good to others if their boss took leaves every two days.

"Babygirl," he set the plate beside the mattress and leaned over her, kissing her forehead. "I've made you breakfast, I really wish I could stay but I can't. Eat up and rest up, okay? I'll see you in the evening."

"I'll..." She yawned, "bring lunch to you."

"Okay." He smiled and kissed her cheek. "I love you."

She smiled in her sleep. "I love you too. Bye."

She woke up a few minutes later and had the breakfast Tanay had made for her.

She was taking a day off. Her boss had especially insisted on it since she was aware of the yesterday night's events. In fact, she was the one who suggested Aadya get that camisole.

After Aadya finished eating her food, she prepared lunch, cleaned the house, and got ready herself.

She wore a simple red anarkali with small golden embroidery. She put on a tiny red bindi between her eyebrows, sindoor, and mangalsutra. She grabbed her clutch and the tiffin bag and left the house.

She decided to go to the fabric market after that to get the cloth for Tanay's kurta she was gonna make.

Getting into her Uber, she soon reached Tanay's office.

She followed the instructions of the receptionist and it felt like Deja Vu as she watched the number of floors increase.

She stopped in the door frame of Tanay's office and smiled. He was looking through some file with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Knock, knock." She said, smiling.

Tanay looked up, all his stress vanishing into the thin air.

"Hey, baby." She stepped in and placed the bag on the table. "How are you feeling?"

"Amazing." She cupped her face, resting her elbows on the table, and smiled, leaning forward.

Tanay opened his lunch and started eating, feeding her as well.

"Oh my my, what do we have here?" A young man, around the same age as Aadya peeked in the office and cheekily grinned at Tanay.

Just when Tanay was wiping the corner of Aadya's lips.

Startled, Aadya leaned away from Tanay and coughed. Her cheeks now matched the color of her outfit.

Tanay rolled his eyes at the man and offered Aadya water.

"What do you want?" He asked the man.

"I just saw a dupatta from far away and I was thinking what you were up to so I thought of seeing it for myself." He shrugged. He turned to Aadya. "Hi, I'm Gaurav. An intern under him."

Recovering from her coughing fit, Aadya breathed and said, "I'm Aadya. His wife. Nice to meet you." She offered a warm smile.

"Wife?" Gaurav blinked. "How old are you?"

Aadya looked at Tanay, warily and answered, "twenty-two."

Eyes widened, Gaurav looked at Tanay and pointed a finger in accusation, "Jail!"

"Will you fuck off?" Tanay threatened to throw the paperweight at his head, making him walk away laughing.

Aadya giggled at their interaction and sipped on some more water.