Chapter 5: Crashing Concert

Start from the beginning

I twirled as I could hear Seb laughing in agreement before attending to his drums. I stopped when I noticed Daryran wasn't cheering at all. He was still holding a sour expression. Alright, let's do another approach.

"What else is troubling you?" I asked before speaking the name that I was sure was giving him trouble, "Is it Apollo?"

Daryan rubbed the back of his head before agreeing, "Yes. I know he's your best pal, but I can't trust him so easily. There's just something about him that gets me on edge. I feel like he's waiting for the chance to jump at me, you know?"

I suppose so. Herr Forehead does have his moments, but he's genuinely a nice person. I can't imagine him doing anything like this to someone. However, it is good to know that both do feel the same about the other.

"I wouldn't worry about him as much" I spoke in a reassuring tone, "Yes, Apollo can be loud, but he doesn't look for trouble. If anything, he tries to do so much to help others. If this helps, he feels the same about you. He's worried you're still upset with him after everything that happened. I feel like the two of you need to have a conversation with each other. You would be surprise how much you have in common with each other"

Daryran seemed to be relieved before finally holding a grin.

"Thanks for that, pal" Daryran spoke with a grin before wrapping an arm around my shoulders, "That helps more than you realize. Well, we shouldn't keep them waiting! Are we ready to rock?!"

They were ready! Daryran picked up his bass as I grabbed my guitar. Our mics turned on as we each took our places on the stage. Then, we took deep breath before the grand curtains were pulled back to reveal ourselves to the screaming crowd. Everyone cheered as we stood there. I forgot the rush of being on stage and being ready to perform. Well, what are we waiting for?

"ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?!" I shouted before the crowd erupted loudly for us to play!

With a strung of the strings on my guitar, it was time to play!

(Alfendi's POV)

Viewing Deck, Main Hall

May 10th, 7:02 PM

Well, if you're wondering, I am still in control, but I do feel my brother trying to take over. Currently, we and Lucy are watching the performance from a private viewing deck. It is better to not have everyone know what we are doing as well. Lucy was going over the file while I was looking at the bustling crowd of fans enjoying the rather loud and boisterous music.

"Ours is still better" Al commented with a scowl, "Americans"

"You do realize that our client is American, correct? There is no reason to be rude" I replied in a thoughtful manner, "Speaking of him, why were you surprised the most to hear that he was our client? Is it because of Athena?"

He grumbled before replying, "Yes, it is because of her. Look, you and I both know she's a great friend of ours from college, but I wouldn't want her older brother after me of all people. But if I am correct, Apollo is her current partner, Much like how Lucy is ours. I already don't want Lucy involved in dangerous cases where I know we cannot protect her. I can imagine the same for Athena"

I pondered on that. Is that true? Even my twin has a caring side about his friends he hides from everyone? How adorable, but he does have a point. If Apollo is in danger, I would be worried about her and her older brother coming after us.

"Are you sure Athena would not hesitate to jump into an adventure?" I pointed out with a grin, "Besides that, you do have a point. I don't want her coming after us if anything happened to Apollo. Speaking of him, when is he going to meet with us to go over the case? We should work efficiently and bring this to an end"