Golden Dawn

(Y/N) POV

Asta and I chased the thief, followed by Sekke who zoomed past me. Guess I had no choice... I summoned my wings and flew as fast as I can, a bit unsteadily. We chased the mysterious thief down the alley, I tried to catch up to Asta. "It's not over yet!!" Asta jumped on the roof and I flew up beside him. "What's the plan, Asta?" "We just gotta chase him!" I nodded and followed the thief. An idea popped up in my mind and I glanced at Asta, who looked back at me. We both nodded and threw our swords at the thief's cloud. The guy came falling down, flailing his arms frantically. He still kept running down the alley. I chased hin alongside Asta but we were overtaken by Sekke on his ugly vehicle. The thief fell down but stabbed Sekke's foot as his last move. Asta sprinted to Sekke.

...

Asta handed the bag of money to the old lady. I swear something was off about her. The lady thanked us and we waved her goodbye. As Noelle, Asta and Vanessa walked away, I paused for a moment and glanced at the old lady over my shoulder. Yep, her Ki is definitely off... "Take care, old lady..." I caught up to Asta.

No one's POV

The old lady transformed to her actual form. Julius Novarancho. "Yami sure took in two interesting kids? I have never seen Nullification of Magic. They both had grimoires but I couldn't sense any mana in them." He chuckled to himself in curiousity.

...

(Y/N) laid in her bed in boredom. She stared at the ceiling, counting to 100. 'This getting boring. Why don't you practice your flying or fight bad guys?' Haru complained, groaning in boredom. 'I didn't come here to fight bad guys... But I guess I'll practice flying.' 

She stepped outside and summoned her wings. The sky was gorgeous as the sun was setting. Her wings were glowing and the orange sky illuminated them beautifully. She sighed in hope, before jumping and flying. 'Steady, (Y/N)... Please don't fall...' Haru tried to motivate her, but mostly just made her more nervous. She continued flying in a random direction, unsure of where she wanted to go. The wind made her hair dance and the sound of birds chirping and her wings flapping felt, peaceful. She looked to the side at the setting sun and the reddish-orange sky. 

In the distance, she noticed a...carriage? With three people flying on broomsticks around it? She flew closer to them to get a better look and realised they were Magic Knights. Golden dawn, too...and among them was someone she already had met.  The blue-haired male noticed her and he tensed up. "Who are you and what are you doing here?!" He looked closely at the girl with wings and saw her robe. "Oh a Black Bulls member... Are you here to wreak havoc?" (Y/N) shook her head. "I just thought I saw someone familiar... And I was right.." She glanced at Yuno. 

"Yuno, do you know this... girl?" Klaus said the last word with a bit of disgust, he tried not to make it obvious but he failed. Yuno nodded, "I met her at the exam..." "You're in the same squad as Noelle! My name is Mimosa Vermillion, by the way. And that's Klaus." The orange-haired girl spoke, her voice was gentle and soft. "Why are you still here, girl?! Can't you see we are on a mission?" Klaus's tone was now obviously arrogant. (Y/N) looked down and for a millisecond, her face displayed fear. "I'm not skilled enough to fly back down yet." She said sheepishly.

"Typical Black Bulls member. Fine, we will give you the privilege of joining us.." She nodded and her wings started to flicker and shine less brightly, before disappearing. Uh oh... Within a split second, Yuno caught her by her shirt, without flinching. "Great reflexes, Yuno!" Mimosa cheered. (Y/N) was petrified. Everything was happening so fast. 'This is the second time Yuno has saved my ass.' 

Yuno plopped her on the carriage and continued flying on his broom. The man who was seated looked at her with an eerie smile. "You should smile more..." He chuckled. (Y/N) didn't even look at him. She scooted away slightly, feeling visibly a tad bit uncomfortable. Yuno glared at him for a bit. "My name is Salim, what's yours?" He asked in a weird tone. "I didn't ask for your name. And I don't need to give you mine." (Y/N) snarled back. Salim smiled eerily. This guy needs a new smile or something..

"Yuno, could you tell me about yourself?" Salim faced him with one eye closed. "I'm from Hage village. I was abandoned at the church their when I was young." Yuno reluctantly explained his backstory briefly. As they were flying in the air, a dark, shady cloud engulfed the sky. (Y/N) narrowed her eyes as she watched intently. Out of nowhere, fireball started shooting out from the cloud! Seconds after, a handful of hooded men started flying out, attacking the ship. "Yuno, defend the ship!" Klaus yelled out. Yuno tried his best to defend them with his Wind Magic. "Take this!" An icicle went straight for Yuno from behind. "Divine Magic: Light Barrier!" (Y/N), out of instinct, covered the icicle with light. But the impact knocked Yuno from his broomstick. 

(Y/N) jumped off the ship and positioned herself towards Yuno. "(Y/N), you idiot! Come back!" Klaus yelled at her, looking down. She extended her arm and grabbed Yuno by his robe and tried to summon her wings but they only flickered. 'Come on..Not now.' They were getting closer to the trees and the hooded enemies weren't stopping. Yuno shoved her behind him and directed her hands to hold onto his back. 

He summoned a wind eagle that pierced through all the men. The black cloud faded away. But, they were still falling! She gripped onto him tightly and closed her eyes. He got his broomsticks and stepped on it, grabbing (Y/N) by her collar. 'Third time, he saved me.' (Y/N) was frustrated with herself by now. 

"That was impressive!" Mimosa exclaimed cheerfully. "Why did you jump when you can't fly?" Yuno looked at (Y/N) with narrowed eyes. "I owed you, twice. But now I guess I owe you thrice." She chuckled sheepishly. Yuno smirked, after putting (Y/N) down on the carriage. "That was idiotic!" Klaus scolded her. "But you saved me from that icicle." Yuno murmured and looked ahead. 

They descended and reached land in the woods. "Yuno, why don't we go to your village?" Salim requested with that creepy smile. "I'm sure Yuno would want to meet everyone back at church.." "That's not your concern." As they flew over to Hage village, Salim admired the demon skull. "Eh,  Black Bulls girl, why are you still here?" Klaus pushed up his glasses. "She can stay if she wants to." Yuno replied before (Y/N) could, a now annoyed Klaus grunted. 

They settled at the foot of the church where Sister Lily was standing, suprised at the Magic Knight's sudden presence. "Yuno! Welcome back! You've grown so much!" She exclaimed as she ran over to Yuno. "It's only been two months..." 

"Oh hello there, I'm Sister Lily..." She walked over to Klaus. "I'm Klaus Lunettes of Golden Dawn." He pushed up his glasses proudly. "I'm Mimosa Vermillion!" Sister Lily welcomed her as well, then looked over at (Y/N) who standing aloof with her hand gripping her arm. "And who might you be..?" (Y/N) barely made eye contact with Sister Lily. "(Y/N) (F/L/N)... I'm from Black Bulls..." Salim knelt down to Sister Lily like she was a princess. "I'm Salim Hapshass from Hapshass Village." Father Orsi and the kids ran over to Yuno excitedly. 

"I'll prepare you some nomotato dishes!" Father Orsi offered. One of the kids walked up to (Y/N) and pulled on her robe. "Miss Magic Knight, are you (Y/N)'s girlfriend?" Her voice was sweet and innocent. Yuno immediately turned his head towards her. "HUH?! No!" (Y/N) stepped back, caught off guard.