The Royal

(Y/N) POV

Magna showed Asta his room while Vanessa showed mine. "This is your room~" The drunken lady said as she wrapped her arm around me. Her chest was dangerously close to my face. "What do you think? Quite run down isn't it" She asked while chugging down her fifth bottle of alcohol. "It's quite nice actually..." I said with a finger on my chin. It's way better than the dungeon I lived in. I bowed to Vanessa. "Thank you, Vanessa-chan..."

At the Church in Hage

Sister Lily and the others received a letter from Asta and Yuno each.Father Orsi was in comical tears as he read Yuno's letter, feeling proud he made it into Golden Dawn. To their surprise, Asta made it in too! "WHAT?!" Father Orsi shouted in surprise.

Back to (Y/N) POV

I sighed as I sat down my bed, fiddling with my dagger. Why am I struggling this much? It's an easy job. Just get it over with, right? It shouldn't be this hard

"Don't beat yourself up!" A cheery voice echoed through my ears. 'Who was tha- Oh it's Haru.' He was floating in the air. "You made it into the magic knights. Oh, I'm so proud!" He clapped with a wide grin. "Didn't you say you would explain everything? You know, all this" I gestured to my grimoire. "Right, right, I'd say we start with—"

"AGH!"

That was Asta's voice. Haru returned to my grimoire. I sighed and walked out of my room. He had run into the wall. Say, was that wall always there. "Do you have to be a nuisance already?" I asked rhetorically, exasperated. "Was this pillar always here?" He stepped back, inspected the wall. "Hey newbies, did you sleep well?" Magna approached us. "The base changes shape all the time." He pointed to the wall. "Isn't that weird..?" I questioned. "Are you saying the honour of Black Bull's base is weird?!" He yelled with his face extremely close to mine. I facepalmed.

The three of us found ourselves at the 'pet' room. "This is where we keep the beasts. I'll leave it to you two to take care of the beasts. It's an honourable job. Feed them twice a day." Magna said with his hand on our shoulders. "NICE!" Asta yelled out before receiving a smack on the head from me. "You idiot, he's giving us this job because it's terrible not because it's honourable." I said with an irk mark on my face. Asta grimaced in pain, rubbing the back of his head. "It's too late now. You already accepted the job" Magna chortled.

We kept on running to various locations in the base. Then, Magna spotted something causing him to abruptly stop. I landed on his back. What was he looking at that made him stop like that? A girl with pigtails and magenta eyes came approaching us. She was wearing a Black Bulls robe. "Oi, (Y/N), Asta, this is the other new recruit." Magna informed us. "I don't sense any magic in you , lowly insect" She smacked Asta's hand away as he was trying to greet her with a handshake. 

"You can't be calling him a lowly insect, while being in Black Bulls as well," I said, chuckling. "Don't talk to me like that, foreigner. I'm Noelle Silva, a member of the royal family in this kingdom." Oh, she's one of them. "THE ROYAL FAMILY?!" Magna and Asta exclaimed in unison. "A royal in the Black Bull? Huh..." I muttered. Asta started bowing down to her, apologising. I grabbed him by the collar and lifted him on his feet. "It doesn't matter if you are a royal, noble, commoner for all I care. If you are worthy of one's respect, you will get it." I said. "How could you say that to a royal?!" She launched a waterball at me, but she must have mis-aimed as it hit Magna instead. "AGH! You have got some nerves! I'm your senior!" He yelled at her. Noelle simply threw her robe down and walked outside, claiming the squad was filthy. 

"What's her problem?" I leaned against the wall with arms crossed. Magna clenched his fists in rage. I walked back to my room, I had better things on my mind... "She's quite elegant, isn't she?" Haru exclaimed from my grimoire. I grunted in response... She sure was interesting... But a jerk nonetheless. What else could I expect from royals? I rested my head against my table. Haru stood on the surface with his tiny feet and nudged my elbow. "Eh, (Y/N)... Its so boring..." I had an irk mark on my forehead. 

"AHH!!" 

That sounded like Asta... Did stupidsta get himself into trouble, again?