5. Bestie Approved✔️

Intro of a new character- NIDA MANSOOR (Fashion Designer) Ruhisha's School Best Friend

AUTHOR's POV

Ruhisha entered in her room after dinner. She did her night time routine and went to bed. She sat on her bed contemplating whether to call her best friend at this time or not. She picked her phone after deciding to call Nida. She dialed Nida's number and the call was answered from the other side after four rings. There was silence on the other side, Ruhisha knew that she was furious for not getting informed about her arrival.

"I ain't talking to you." Nida spoke finally.

"Then why did you receive the call bitch." Ruhisha spoke adding fuel to her anger.

"Yahi batane ke liye ke mai tum se baat nahi kar rahi." Nida replied. ('Just to inform you I am not talking to you.')

Ruhisha also kept mum for some time. 

A moment later, Nida interrogated. "Acha bata kis liye call kiya?"  ('Okay, tell me why did you call?"')

"Guess what?" Ruhisha asked.

"Khush to aise ho rahi hai jaise Adnan ne propose kar diya ho." She sarcastically spoke, little did she knew it happened the other way around. ('The way you are getting excited it seems as if Adnan has proposed you.')

"Bas aisa hi samajh." Ruhisha replied. ('Just understand that only happened.')

She told her all the details from the party- the call- the conversations and everything.

"Tune haa kar diya?" Nida asked as soon as Ruhisha was done with telling the details. ('You said yes?')

"Nahi, abhi tak to nahi, Kal jawaab dena hai." Ruhisha replied. ('No, not yet, I have to answer tomorrow.')

"To jab aunty ne poocha tab kyu nahi haa bola?" She asked. ('So why didn't you say yes when aunty asked?')

"Tere approval ke bagair kaise haa bol deti." Ruhisha replied in order to convince her. ('How could I have said yes without your approval?')

"Ab mai itni important to nahi hu tere liye, important hoti to tune mujhe bataya hota ki tu aa rahi hai." She taunted. ('Now I am not even that important to you, if I were important you would have told me that you were coming.')

"Surprise dena chahti thi na yaar mai." Ruhisha explained. ('I wanted to surprise you.')

"Mil kab rahi hai ye bata?" She ignored and asked even though she was not angry anymore. ('Tell me when are you meeting me?')

"Is weekend pe!" Ruhisha replied smiling knowing that she was not angry at her anymore. ('This weekend!')

"Okay confirm kar diyo." She reminded. ('Ok please confirm.')

"Aye Aye Captain!" Ruhisha replied.

"Captain mai nahi tera Fiance hai." She teased. ('I am not a captain but your Fiance is.')

A red hue coated Ruhisha's cheeks at the mention of Adnan as Fiance even though Nida was not present there, she tried to act normal.

|KHAN RESIDENCY|

Shazeen entered Adnan's room, she scrunched her nose at how drastic the room looked and smelled. 

Of all her four sons, Adnan was the most sophisticated, well-mannered and organized one, but seeing his room at that moment, she was not able to believe it was his room. Clothes lying on the bed and floor, things kept unorganized and scattered as if an earthquake had hit the room.

She noticed ashes in the ashtray beside the burnt cigarettes as if some paper was burnt. Then her sight went to a half burnt photo of  a girl lying on the floor. She picked the photo and tried to think who it was, it looked familiar to her.

Adnan came out of the bathroom, seeing Shazeen holding the photo, he asked. "Kya kar rahi hai aap?" ('What are you doing?")

"Ye-?" She started to ask but he replied even before she could complete her sentence. 

"NUSHRAT" He told her the girl's name because he knew she didn't remember her name. How much he wished he could also forget her just like his mother did everytime.

He had informed about his relationship after one year to his mother and even told her that he wanted to get married to Nushrat, but destiny definitely had its own plans or one could say Nushrat had her own plans of betraying and leaving him.

Shazeen looked into his eyes for a moment to find any kind of emotion but she found none. She noticed the dark circles under his eyes because of the sleepless nights he had in the past days. She was able to understand his problems and that was the only reason she wanted him to get married so he would have someone to support him through his tough days.

"Maine ek ladki pasand ki hai tumhare liye." Shazeen stated settling on his bed. ('I chose a girl for you.')

He nodded his head indicating to her that he was listening and signed her to continue.

"Party me mili thi." She continued. ('I met her at the party.')

"Hai kon?" He interrogated. ('Who is it?')

"Farheen Bhabi ki cousin." She told him. ('1Farheen Bhabi's cousin.')

"Age kya hai uski?" He interrogated. ('What's her age?')

"23." She replied.

She noticed the change in his demeanor, the way he was listening and questioning. Unlike other times where he would not even be willing to listen.

"Haa kar du mai?" She asked. ('Should I tell yes?')

"Hm" He hummed.

"Haa bola ya na?" She asked. ('Did you say yes or no?')

"Haa" He replied. ('Yes')

"Theek hai mai baat karti hu." She told him. ('Okay I will talk.')

His mind was a mess at that point, he had always rejected all the alliances that came in his way, he had seen the consequences and after effects of saying no to the alliances. So this time he chose to say yes and left it over his destiny. Little did he know that he is making the best decision ever in his life, a decision he would never regret.

That night he was again lying on his bed sleepless but this time the reason was not Nushrat but Ruhisha. He was fighting his own insecurities and contemplating his decisions. He was not able to trust anyone with what happened with him earlier. He knew he would get attached to anyone easily, the reason why he didn't want to get married was that he was afraid of losing the person.

 He knew he would get attached to anyone easily, the reason why he didn't want to get married was that he was afraid of losing the person

............

1033 Words

With Love

Author:)