4.The Conversation between Mothers

AUTHOR's POV

The Next Day

|SHAH RESIDENCY|

Anisha was preparing for dinner when her phone rang. She picked up the call while resuming her work. It was Ruhisha's bua on the other side.

"Assalamu alaikum aapa." She greeted. 

['Assalamu alaikum' is a way of greeting in arabic.] ['Aapa' is a term used to address elder sister.]

"Waalaikum assalam" She replied. "Ek zaroori baat karni hai." She added. ('I want to talk about something important.')

"Ji boliye." Anisha replied. ('Yes please.')

"Rishta aaya hai Ruhisha ke liye." She said without beating around the bush. ('I've got an alliance for Ruhisha.')

"Acha." Anisha's reply was nonchalant, she knew Ruhisha would refuse every alliance that would come her way. 

"Tum fikar mat karo, pooch kar dekho usse, kya pata maan jaaye."  Ruhisha's bua encouraged her.('Don't worry, just ask her and see if she agrees.')

 "Aap ladke ke baare me bataiye." Anisha said. ('Tell me the details about the guy.')

"Farheen ke devar Adnan ke liye uski ammi ne Ruhisha ka rishta poocha hai." She informed. "Pilot hai Adnan." She added knowing that she would ask that question. ('For Farheen's brother-in-law Adnan, his mother has asked about Ruhisha.') ('Adnan is a Pilot.')

"Adnan ki ammi ko maine tumhara number de diya hai vo shayad call karengi, baat kar lena un se." She quickly told her all the details so she doesn't forget. ('I've given your number to Adnan's mother, she will probably call, talk to her.')

"Theek hai mai baad me baat karti hu aap se, assalamu alaikum." Anisha ended the call. ('Okay, I will talk to you later.')

Her phone rang again a minute later. She understood that it would be Adnan's mother. She received the call.

"Assalamu alaikum, mai Adnan ki ammi hu." Shazeen introduced herself. ('I am Adnan's mother.')

"Ji, aapa ne bataya tha." Anisha replied. ('Yes, Aapa told me.')

"Kya socha aapne Adnan aur Ruhisha ke rishte ke baare me." Shazeen questioned. ('What did you think about Adnan and Ruhisha's marriage.')

"Mujhe to koi aitraaz nahi hai, mai Ruhisha se is baare me baat kar ke batati hu aapko." Anisha replied. ('I've no objection, I will talk to Ruhisha about this and let you know.')

"Ji, bilkul mujhe bhi Adnan se poochna hai." Shazeen told her. ('Yes, of course I also have to ask Adnan.')

"Mai Ruhisha ke baba aur bhai se bhi baat karti hu phir aapko batati hu." Anisha informed her. ('I will talk to Ruhisha's father and brother also and then I will tell you.')

They talked about some random things and sent Adnan and Ruhisha's picture to each other for few minutes and then declined the call. Saniya entered the kitchen while Anisha was talking. As soon as she cut the call, she told Saniya about everything.