Giana always felt like home. She was comfort, warmth, kindness, and love. Without her, I was nothing; I felt like nothing. Without her, life didn't make sense and felt incomplete. It was like the sky absent of stars or like a day with no sunlight.

Accepting my love for her as something other than friendship was like accepting the possibility of her not being in my life. But things had escalated so much and now it was impossible to not accept the truth.

I was in love with my best friend, and I can't believe it took all this time for me to recognize it.

"Is fear the reason why you never accepted it?" I didn't realize how lost in my head I was because when Max spoke it startled me.

"What?" I asked.

"Is that why you never said it, out of fear?"

With a nod I responded. It still felt strange talking about this. I've evaded the topic for so long that it felt unreal saying it out loud. "I guess. Well Giana has been a constant throughout my life. She's my best friend you know."

"Ouch" He interrupted.

"Shut up you know what I mean." I retorted which made him grin.

"Are you going to tell her?" Max asked.

Just because I admitted it to myself, did not mean that I was ready in any way to let her know. Besides, how do you even say that. "Oh hey! You know how we've been best friends since forever, well now I'm in love with you!"

Yeah, I don't think so. Therefore, I immediately shook my head. "No."

"Why?"

"First of all, I'm just getting used to the idea of myself. Secondly, she's with Arthur. As much as he annoys me half the time, I would never do that to Giana. I'm going to respect her and her relationship."

"Since when are you so high and mighty?" Max let out a laugh.

"Oh god, can we be done speaking about this? This is why I was in denial for so long." I groaned out covering my face with my arm. "You can't tell her" I said suddenly, sitting up.

"Mate, I would never.' Max responded, turning back to his game, knowing I was finished getting too into detail about this topic.

"You think she knows? Or at least suspects it?"

Max turned to look at with me with a blank stare. "Lando, the only two people who didn't realize you are in love with her is both you and Giana. You both are blind beyond relief."

"That's a good thing."

"Not really. It's annoying seeing you pine after her in silence. Quite depressing too. Gives me a terrible headache honestly."

I threw a couch cushion at him in response as he got back to his game once more.

"Yeah, I want to move on from this already please."

"Fine." I could hear the grin in Max's voice as he replied.

Eventually moving on from the topic, I laid back on the couch reaching for my phone.

Upon realizing what the time was I decided it was time to head out. Giana had told me she was busy with Isa this morning but I knew it wouldn't be long before she went home as well. I was hoping to make it back to the apartment before she did. I wanted to take her out for a nice dinner before I left for the next race in a couple of days.

After exchanging a few more words with Max, I made it back home. When I was parking the car, I realized none of Gi's were gone so that meant she had returned.

Hopefully she was up for going out. With a small smile, I entered the apartment.

"Giana?" I called out.

When I heard footsteps coming down the hallways, my smile grew. However, when I saw who was in the apartment, my expression completely fell.

With a mix of shock and anger I came face to face with the last person I wanted to see. "Crystal, what the actual fuck are you doing in here?"

-