𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

Start from the beginning

Rachel handed her the box, "Thanks." Evie said with a smile as the Girl walked out. Evie rummaged through the box finding a picture frame. She held it closer to her face.

"What is that?" Lacey questioned the girl. "A picture of me and my dad." Evie replied with a sad smile.

"What's that doing in there?"

"I must've showed to Rachel and forgotten it there."

Evie's eyes welled up with tears, and she shook her head, trying to push away the overwhelming emotions that were bubbling up inside her.

A single tear escaped her eye, but she quickly wiped it away, hoping Lacey didn't notice.

"He would be so proud of you, Lyn," Lacey reassured Evie, her voice filled with warmth and understanding.

Gently placing the picture frame back down, Evie whispered her gratitude, her voice trembling slightly as she wiped away another tear. Lacey, sensing her friend's struggle, offered her support. "I'm always here if you need to talk-" But before Lacey could finish her sentence, Evie interrupted, "Uhm, I have to go finish packing, and my phone's gonna die. Can I call you later?" Evie asked, cutting off her friend in a rush.

Lacey nodded, understanding that Evelyn often found it challenging to express her emotions openly. She knew that Evie tended to bottle up her feelings until they became too overwhelming to contain.
"Yeah, yeah, of course." Evie smiled and hung up the phone.

" Evie smiled and hung up the phone