The Water Flowers of Cerulean City

Start from the beginning

"Rio, Riol." said Meeko.

"I've got to get more trainer badges, Brock." Ash said to him. "And since there's a Gym in Cerulean City..."

"Yeah, makes sense to me." said Brock.

"Ah, I never wanted to wander back here." said Misty, once she stood back up and rubbed her head.

Night had fell and inside a building, Team Rocket opens the vent. "The coast is clear." said James.

"Nothing to fear." said Jessie.

"Nobody here. Meowth." said Meowth and finally landed on the floor, then looks around until they stopped at something.

"Well, looks like we found it." said James as they stopped at a huge vacuum.

"Just what we need to get what we want." said Jessie.

"Pokémon." said Meowth. The next day, Ash, Brock, Hayley and Misty entered Cerulean City. "So, this is Cerulean City, eh, Brock?" asked Ash.

"Pretty nice place, isn't it?" said Brock.

"Yeah, pretty cool." said Ash, as he turns to take in the view. "Hey, look. That's weird."

"What's weird?" asked Hayley.

"Misty's not following us anymore." he said.

"Chu." said Pikachu.

"I wonder where she went." said Hayley.

"Riolu." said Meeko.

"She really didn't want to come to Cerulean City, did she?" asked Brock.

"I wonder why she hates this place so much." said Ash.

"But it's such a nice place." said Hayley.

"Hmm." said Brock.

"Ah, except for my sister, we'll never figure out girls." said Ash. Once further into the city, police cars were surrounding a store.

"The police. Wonder what happened." said Ash.

"Must have been something really big to draw in a sizable crowd like that." said Hayley.

"Yeah." said Brock as they ran over to the crowd.

"Excuse me. Do you know what happened here?" Ash asked the guy next to him.

"Some burglars broke into that store last night." he tells Ash.

"Burglars, huh?" said Ash.

"What do you know about burglars?" asked a familiar voice.

"Huh?" said Ash, Brock and Hayley looking up to see Officer Jenny.

"You three look very suspicious to me." said Officer Jenny.

"Hey, you're that motorcycle officer in Viridian." said Ash.

"Huh? Ah, you must have met my sister-in-law." she said. "If you know my sister-in-law, then you must have had some dealings with the police in Viridian."

"Well, I..." said Ash, looking at Hayley.

"We didn't..." said Hayley.

"Now, maybe you just stopped to ask her for directions, or maybe you found a wallet on the street and turned it into her, or maybe you're a burglar who broke out of jail!" said Officer Jenny as she takes out a set of handcuffs.

"We've never been to jail!" whimpered Ash and Hayley, grabbing each other by the waist.

"Neither have I, ma'am." said Brock.