CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: Hyori vs. Hanako

Start from the beginning

"You didn't see it, huh? Good." Hanako narrowed her eyes at what she said. What hadn't she seen? She was sure she had paid attention to every single one of her movements. "How about now?!" Hanako's eyes suddenly widened when she felt a chakra source coming from beneath her. Hyori made her way out from the ground and landed a powerful punch on her stomach, drawing all the air from her lungs. Hanako went flying backwards until she crashed against the wall of the arena, crating it and making it tremble slightly. The Hyori that was previously lying on the ground turned into a wooden doll.

Everyone at the arena suddenly stood up and ran towards the railing, trying to see what happened to the Uchiha, but all they could see was the dust that rose from the impact. The arena went silent for some minutes until the dust cleared up and they stared at the Uchiha, leaning against the destroyed wall with blood trickling from her mouth and the back of her head.

"Is she unconscious?"

"Whoa! That punch sure was powerful!"

"Is she even alive?!"

Everyone in the arena started muttering their own guesses. Itachi tightened his hold on the railing. Hayate approached the Uchiha girl cautiously. He could feel her chakra surrounding her, he didn't know for a fact if the girl was out but he was sure she wasn't dead. Up close she didn't seem to have received that much damage, the only sign of it was the blood staining her clothes. Hayate sighed but he was alert once he felt the girl move.

"That...hurt..." she muttered silently, but loud enough for him to hear her. Scratch her being unconscious. She was awake and alive.

"That was quite a blow. You should rest, I'll finish—" Hayate started raising his hand but Hanako stopped him by wrapping her hand tightly around his wrist. Hayate looked down at her, clearly surprised.

"Don't you dare stop the match," she hissed, cleaning the blood from her mouth with her free hand. "I'm just getting started." She finished with a smirk as she stood up and looked at Hyori with her Sharingan activated.

Cheers suddenly erupted from the balconies as Hanako walked until she stood a few meters away from the Senju. Shisui smiled softly as his eyes focused on the brunette. He knew Hanako wouldn't be that easy to defeat. Itachi also knew this and sighed relieved when she stood up. He hadn't expected the Senju to be this strong either. Zetsu, on the other hand, seemed quite entertained with the fight.

Hyori looked seriously at the Uchiha with her eyes narrowed. That blow should have left her unconscious, why was she awake? No, she wasn't going to lose. Without giving a second thought she made a hand seal.

"Mokuton: Daijurin no Jutsu!" Hyori extended her hand and her fingers stretched out turning into wood. Hanako jumped away just in time to see the wood crash against the wall, destroying it even more. The Uchiha landed on the ground and skidded a few meters back.

"Tsuyoi..." Hanako muttered while focusing her eyes on the Senju. She had improved quite a lot since their last fight. She smirked while pondering a plan, it was better to find a way to finish the battle quickly or else it would extend for too long. She pulled out bunch of kunai with explosive tags attached to them and nailed them close to the Senju. Hyori looked at them cautiously, none of them were close enough to cause her any type of damage, and so what was the trick?

The tags exploded, creating a smoke curtain that surrounded Hyori. Hanako walked into it, deactivating her Sharingan since it was rather useless now that she couldn't see anything. She focused on her sensor abilities to locate the Senju and ran towards her, hitting her from all her blind spots, which the Uchiha deduced from her previous attacks.

"This is for that last punch," she muttered finally as she landed a hit on her left cheek which made Hyori land roughly on the ground panting. They stood like that until the smoke cleared.