Chapter 1: Promises and Reunions

(A/n: Hi, I'm back I guess. After a long year of stuff. I'm a bit rusty so please pardon me. I don't expect this to be good. I just had the urge, idea, and inspiration, and want to do this. But thanks for reading anyway. Enjoy the chapter and new book.)

Evelynn: "I can't believe you (y/n)! This is so selfish! You're throwing away your life! Your future! Your career!"

You looked at your best friend as she paced back and forth at your favorite hangout spot. A playground that you both grew up playing in since you were little. Her firey demon passion was truly showing today. Though you were the reason why it was.

You: "I'm being selfish! It's my life, Eve! I can do whatever I want! I want to explore the world! Sore the skies! So yeah! Maybe I am being selfish! It's my life!."

Eve: "We're 18! We're still young! At least my career path is reasonable! You could be as great as your mom or sister! Please just consider your options!"

You stood up from the swing and crossed your arms.

You: "We promised to support each other no matter what! I don't want to be like my sister or my mom. I want to be me, Eve."

She looked at you with guilt and worry in her eyes. She stopped in her place and walked towards you. You looked as guilty as she did and looked down at your feet.

Eve: "It's not fair. I thought we could still be close enough to see each other."

You just pulled her into a hug, Eve hugged back and you could feel the tears stain your shoulder.

You: "It'll be okay. I promise."

Eve pulled back from the hug and took a step back from you. Her face got stern as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

Eve: "You have to promise me you'll come back. Also you have to write to me and your family when you can. Or else I'll hate you forever. You got me?"

You just smiled and held your pinky out, she took your pinky and did your secret handshake. She smiled gave you one more hug and ruffled your hair.

You: "Promise."

7 Years later...

You: "sigh... You stopped writing back Eve."

Bones: "Pit. Pit! Rook 1! Do you copy!?"

You snapped out of thought and realized what you were doing. About 12,00 meters up in the air and you had a mission to complete. Not like it was going to be a hard one, just bombing another strategic target for your employers.

You: "Copy Bones. Sorry."

Bones: "Target is lased, drop the payload."

You: "Bombs away."

You hit the button on your control stick and hear the bombs unlatch from the side of your F/A-18F. After a few moments, you hear a low rumbling sound.

AWACS Bishop: "Direct hit on target Rook 1. Good job."

You: "Bones, did most of the work. I just pressed the button."

Bones or Rook 4 smiled as she looked past her console towards you. The cheery brunette who was your weapons systems officer always enjoys a compliment from you. She was younger than most of the Rook team. A peppy girl from Demacia, who just didn't know what to do for the longest time.

Bones: "Aww, thanks Pit."

Impulse: "My this is a boring sortie. Come on, where's the action? It's been too long since we've been in a real dogfight. We're just kicking up dust here in Shurima."