Ash Captures a Pokémon

Start from the beginning

"Huh?" said Caterpie.

"Please don't come any closer to me, huh!" said Misty.

"What? You think Caterpie's disgusting?" asked Ash and Caterpie whimpers.

"I don't think Caterpie is disgusting at all." said Hayley.

"Pika, Pika." Pikachu said to Caterpie, patting its back.

"Cater." said Caterpie. Just then, Misty picks up Pikachu and sets him in her lap.

"I know." said Misty. "You be friends with that creepy bug and I'll be friends with Pikachu."

"Pikachu only likes me and Hayley and only zaps anybody who tries to...huh?" said Ash as Misty rubs Pikachu's head, giggling. "Argh! Pikachu!"

"Traitor." grumbled Hayley.

"Hmm?" Misty said looking up. Caterpie whimpers at her with sad eyes.

"Oh, Caterpie." said Hayley as she pet it on the head.

"It's so gross. Ash, put that slimy thing back in the Pokeball!" demanded Misty.

"Hey! Caterpie is not slimy at all!" shouted Hayley, pulling Caterpie close to her body.

"I don't care! Bugs are one of the three most disgusting things in the world." Misty tells her.

"Aside from you, what are the other disgusting things?" asked Ash.

"Very funny!" said Misty, knocking Caterpie into the sky with her foot. "Carrots, peppers and bugs. Everybody has something they don't like, and I don't like bugs!"

"Where did she get that hammer?" asked Hayley, chasing after Caterpie to catch it in her arms.

"Yeah? Well, here's something you don't know about me and Hayley." said Ash as he made a face at her. "We like carrots and peppers and bugs. As a matter of fact, Hayley adores bugs. What I don't like is the way you're hurting Caterpie's feelings with your silly fear of bugs."

"Hmm!" said Misty, turning away from the siblings. Ash then looks down at Caterpie who is now in Hayley's arms. "I don't think you're ugly or disgusting at all, Caterpie." said Ash and Caterpie looks up at Hayley to hear what she thought of it.

"It's true! I think you are the prettiest bug in all of the bug type Pokémon in the whole entire world." she tells it before bringing Caterpie close. "And I should know, I've seen my share of bug-type Pokémon." Caterpie smiled at Hayley, chattering as it rubs its head against her cheek in pride.

"That tickles, Caterpie." said Hayley, giggling.

"Come on, climb up on my shoulder." said Ash, placing an arm out towards the Pokémon, causing it to squeak before looking over to Pikachu.

"Chu, Chu." Pikachu nodded.

"I promise, you won't fall from his shoulder." said Hayley. "I'll catch you if you fall."

"You're not going to scare Misty anymore." said Ash, causing Caterpie to trill in reply.

Caterpie climbs out of Hayley's arms, onto his arm and up onto his shoulder before looking over to Misty. "What do you mean he won't scare me?" asked Misty.

"Caterpie is a he?" asked Hayley, looking at the Pokémon. "How can you tell with bug Pokémon?"

"You don't want to know." said Misty.

"We'll go without her." said Ash, ignoring Misty's comment to his sister.

"Chu!" said Pikachu as he hops out of Misty's arms.