Chapter 10

So, thank you all my loyal readers for getting me this far! Finally, a double digit chapter! *gasps and sighs heavily* Please help me on this journey as a writer! I appreciate every read, vote, comment and add! Thank you all!

Chapter 10

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The minute I got outside, Berwyn glared at me. Seriously, what was his issue with me?

He lead me to a seclusion of three small treehouses, which was the training area. In that area was also a swimming pool surrounded by a large glass dome. One of the members of the Pack, was swimming laps around the pool. I recognized him as Daryn, the guy one year younger then Berwyn. He had dark brown hair, and it was cut short unlike the other's.

Berwyn caught me looking and explained, "Daryn isn't very close with us, the only reason he's a part of the Pack is because we're brothers, and he gets shelter for free. He's very social with the outside life. He's the one who goes out of the forest everyday to learn about the daily news, get groceries and anything else. He's very friendly towards the Ice Queen and her court."

"Oh..." I think I understood what friendly meant. He liked the Ice Queen. "So, he's not exactly a follower."

Eying Daryn carefully, Berwyn lead me towards one of the treehouses. It was made of a pale wood like the rest of them, but it looked sort of stronger, sturdier than the rest of them. There weren't many decorations on the outside except for a huge window on the side. You could see a treadmill, a bike and a stepper inside where the window was.

We went up the ladder and then Berwyn opened the door using a small card, like the ones you are given in hotels.

The door slid open fast and the room was exposed to us. The first thing I noticed was the color of the walls, they were a deep blue like the ocean. The ceiling was a blue color too, but had white clouds painted on it too.

There was a white small shelf right next to the door which had a pair of sandals on it. I assumed those were Daryn's shoes on a shoe rack. Berwyn took off his tap shoes and placed them on the rack next to Daryn's and instructed me to do the same.

Gazing around the room, I noticed another door leading to what looked like a weight room or gym. The room we were in was sort of like a lobby to the training area.

There was a small little cube carved out of the wall, sort of like a counter with a stool behind it. Over the cube read "SIGN - IN" in big bubble letters. I was guessing Berwyn did it, because the letters were in a strange pattern with strange colors and different shapes of letters.

"This is where you should sign-in when you get here. We like to know who's inside the training center at all times. Go ahead and sign in." Berwyn explained to me, pointing at the little sign-in cube while he was talking.

I went over and signed in, by writing my name, date and why I was there.

After that Berwyn had me do a daily workout, which was three laps on the treadmill, thirty push-ups and a rope climbing routine.

I was exhausted, but it was bad enough when Cyrus had me do around fifty problems based on the Math, Science, and English curriculum. I wanted to know why I had to do this, it's not like I get bad grades. I was and will be a straight A student.

I told Cyrus this but he just shook his head, "Abrielle, we need you to be in ship-shape for your journey to the Ice Queen. She's not the most sympathetic queen, and she likes everybody being perfect." Cyrus stopped from grading my papers and looked up, a foolish smirk on his face, "That's why she's practically in love with Daryn, because he's perfect."