Chapter 8

[TO WHOEVER MAY BE READING THIS: PLEASE HELP ME REACH 1.1K READS BY MARCH. THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME GET HERE, AND I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU'S SUPPORT!]

♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛ ♛

Chapter 8

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I guess I thought she was just using an expression when Cyra told me I had to become one of the Pack. But when I woke up to a bucket of cold water being splashed onto myself, I screamed like a freaking zombie and like a bunch of creepy men were chasing me. I must've scared poor Berwyn half to death with my scream, but I didn't care. It's one thing for people to invade your bedroom when you're sleeping, but it's another thing to have a bucket of cold water thrown at you when you're happily sound asleep dreaming dreams of butterflies, and fluffy pink unicorns.

"What? W-why?" I spluttered, still freezing to death and pointing to the now empty bucket as though I was a small whiny toddler, and my vocabulary wasn't strong enough to develop an explanation for my angry feelings.

Berwyn shrugged and looked at Cyra who gave an innocent yet annoying smile. I had decided the Cyra was one of those people who acted very cute and shy at first, but once who got to know them, all hell would break loose. I sighed and looked up at Berwyn and Cyra.

"She told me you wanted to become one of us?" Berwyn said, although his voice went up a pitch as if asking me instead of telling me.

I gave Cyra the hardest glare I could muster without looking stuck up. Then, turning back to Berwyn I told him, "Yes, that's right. Although, what's with the bucket and the water?"

"You slept in. We normally wake-up early at 6:00 to begin training and work hours, unless you're not on duty--" Berwyn got cut off by a snort from me.

"Yeah, but, did you really need to pour the water on me? I understand if I was on fire, but Berwyn, I don't think I was." I gave him a feisty glance and turned back to Cyra.

I guess no one had ever stood up to Berwyn, because he was silent after that, and just gave me a long cold stare.

Cyra reluctantly handed me a small towel hanging on the side of my door. I grabbed it and covered myself as I got out of bed. My pajama clothes I had slept in were now completely soaked and see through. Thanks for ruining my clothes Cyra and Berwyn, yeah, really appreciated it.

Berwyn glanced at the watch on his arm and said, "It's 7:23, you gotta be down and ready by 7:30. I hope that's enough time." He regarded me with another long and irritated stare and then left the room.

"Huh, wouldja look at that? There goes the huffy attitude right with Berwyn." I gave a dry chuckle and walked over to the wardrobe in search of a new outfit. I needed to get out of these sopping pajamas and into something nice, new and fresh.

Noticing that Cyra was still standing silently by my bed, I decided to ask her about the day. "So, what exactly do I need to do to become 'one of the pack'." I said this last part with the cool dignified tone that Berwyn always used when talking to me, or someone younger than him.

Cyra walked over to the window and motioned for me to come.

I put down a pair of brown tight pants I had found to wear and went over to the window. "What?" I asked rather grumpily.

Cyra pointed to the grass outside. Leawyn was cutting the grass, stalk by stalk. Like actually stalk of grass by stalk of grass. It looked hilarious with him crouching there, only done about a yard, and the whole rest of the grass to trim. "Ever heard of a lawnmower?" I snorted and started sniggering.