Chapter - 39

Mulai dari awal

"Dadda, affis. No.. No" Neev was asking in his way to spend more time with him.

"Of course my baby." Neil smiled brightly after almost one week looking at his son's demands.

"Dadda will play with you." His eyes welled up with tears.

"Play... ball" Neev pointed towards the ball which was in one of the corners of the room.

"Mumma... Play ball" He turned to his mother.

Myra was staring at them with moist eyes, somewhere she cursed herself for keeping Neev away from his father for this one week. In her miseries she locked herself along with her son in the room resulting in both son and father missing their bitter-sweet interactions.

Both father and son turned their eyes to their favourite person who was still at her place, lowering her head.

"Mumma lectch play" Neev raised his hand calling his mother.

Myra raised her eyes to match with another pair of misty eyes but she could not control her inner anguish.

"Myra please." He squeezed his eyes in request.

"I... I... I have some work." Myra left the dining area giving lame excuse.

"Mumma... stop..." In her grief, Myra could not hear her son's pleadings. She took the empty bowl and headed towards the kitchen.

"It's ok. Mumma is busy." Neil clutched his baby, kissing his forehead. "I will play with you. Go. Bring your ball." Neil cheered up by showing a fake smile to his son.

"Hey Neev darling, I can play with you. Let's play together." Earlier Meera was observing the trio. When Myra left not saying any word, she considered it as her one more win over her twin.

"No no.." Neev shook his head in denial. "My Dadda." He turned his back to her, wrapping his father's neck in his small arms.

"Neev, come. Come baby. We will have fun. You, me and Dadda." Meera brought an extra sweet voice from her vocal cords.

"It's ok. It's been a long time since I have spent any time with him. So give us some time." Neil seconded his son.

Neil and Neev started playing with Neev's toys in the living area whereas Meera was sitting on the couch to depict a picture perfect family.

'Today, you have lost everything Myra. Now, I am the one who will rule over this house. Neil is totally trapped in my web of lies and now whatever I have done today... he trusts me blindly. Now the day is not far when he himself will throw you out of this house.' Meera passed a brief look at her sister's retreating figure.

Proofs and details Meera had given to Neil were verified as well in addition she gave her statement to a special investigation team of police against Ryan as well as Ashok Sehgal about their illegal activities and whereabouts.

In addition to Ryan, Neil had also asked her about her father's involvement in the past. She being a swell headed, egocentric and self-centred woman blurted out each and every detail about her father and stepmother falling in the trap Neil was weaving around her. 

It's not even 15 minutes have passed, Neil took Neev in his arms and started leaving the living area.

"Neil, where are you going?" Meera asked, earlier she was hoping to showcase as a family infront of her sister.

"He needs a diaper change." Neil made an excuse to take away Neev. He took the stairs to go to his room along with his son.

'Neil, how long will you keep me away from you? If not today then tomorrow you have to come to me.' Meera smiled seductively.