68.

"Guys!"

Neriah's eyes flew open and before she could even get onto her feet, someone had already yanked her up, only making her fall back down onto her ass with her brain still asleep.

"What the fuc—Oh," she corrected herself, looking behind to see Isaac and Scott standing with panicked faces and still half asleep. She slowly looked in front of her to see Melissa sitting up in her bed with a raised brow at them.

Last night after Scott and Neriah left the hospital, they came back home and told Isaac what happened. With all these sacrifices, the three of them agreed to take turns keeping watch over Melissa while she slept since she was considered a healer.

"Morning," Neriah sheepishly said, quickly getting to her feet with a smile.

"What do you think you're doing?" Melissa asked them, tilting her head.

"Uh, we were watching over you," Isaac in his morning voice that made Neriah forget where she was for a split second. That was a sound she could get used to.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice," Scott added.

"And who better to watch over you than two werewolves and a hybrid," Neriah hummed, running a hand through her knotted hair.

"But the three of you were asleep," Melissa pointed out.

Neriah looked at Isaac who was looking to the floor while scratching the back of his neck. Then she looked to Scott who was looking between her and Isaac with a puzzled look.

"You were on watch last," Scott said to Isaac, pointing a finger.

Isaac turned to him with wide eyes. "What are you talking about? Ria was on watch last."

Neriah shook her head, pointing at him. "No, you were on watch last."

Isaac stared at her for a few seconds before looking at Melissa. "I might've been on watch last."

Melissa huffed a laugh. "My heroes," she sarcastically said. "Wait, didn't you say that they were all doctors? I mean, I haven't had an M.D recently attached to the end of my name, so I think I'm in the clear."

"Y-Yeah, but it could just come under any kind of healer, mom," Scott said, walking to the end of her bed as Neriah dropped down into the armchair behind them. "And you were definitely a healer last night."

Melissa sighed as Isaac threw a pillow on Neriah and she snuggled up to it, getting comfortable, ready to go back to sleep.

"Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be anyone's human sacrifice today, so the three of you get your butts to school."

"Don't remind me about school," Neriah whined, dropping her head back and closing her eyes. "Sleep wants me more than school, which means I should sleep."

"Come on," Isaac said with a chuckle. "You're driving me."

Neriah groaned louder and didn't even bother moving as Isaac grabbed one of her arms and Scott grabbed the other, literally dragging her off the chair and out of the room.

"I'm going to start a petition for school to start at a reasonable hour," Neriah declared as the boys laughed.

Neriah nervously bounced her leg under the table, sitting at the desk behind Scott and Stiles in chemistry as they waited for their teacher.

Minutes before she stepped into class, Isaac and Boyd had pulled her aside, telling her they were going to Derek's loft with a plan to protect her cousin who had been left a warning mark by the alpha pack. She still hadn't gone to see her cousin yet, and he hasn't bothered to reach out to her. But if something were to go wrong tonight, then Isaac swore to call her first.