Elara

It took us half an hour to reach the venue. Addie parked her car in the parking lot and we came out of the car.

“So,Um, everything is okay now? Between you and your sister?,”I asked while we both were walking to the gate.
“Yes, after having a two hour argument with her, you know,” she said with a bored face that made me smile.

“I can practically feel how much patience your sister has!” I said teasingly.
“Huhh... it's me who has patience to handle both you and her,” she rolled her eyes and I just laughed.

She showed the invitation card in her phone and the security allowed us to enter. As soon as I entered, my eyes fell on hundreds of people dancing, eating and gossiping.

Did her sister invite the whole town for on her birthday?

Addie went towards a group of girls and I followed her. All of them were dressed in floral dresses expect for one who wore a light blue color flared dress reaching just above her knees. She had a tiara on her hair. I guess she was the birthday girl.

As soon as Addie approached her, her face lit up. She put a brightest smile on her face and hugged her.

“Happiestt birthdayy, Alyy!” Addie wished her with her own bright smile. They both pulled after a few seconds and Alyssa replied, “Thank you, junior eleey!”

Addie turned towards me before saying, “Meet my best friend, Elara. This is her first time attending a party in five years, you know. She's not a party person at all. She was so curious about you when I said we hadn't been in touch for a long time. So, make sure you introduce yourself clearly to her.”

Trust me, one day, I'll kill this girl for running her big mouth too much.

“Yeah, yeah! I'll make sure she become my friend more than she's yours!” she said with a smile on her face.

Wait! I know her. I've seen her before. But where?
“Nice to meet you, Elara!” she said before engulfing me into a hug. This girl definitely loves hugs.

“Hey, Happy Birthday,Um.. Ms. Alyssa!” I said before pulling out of hug with a small smile.

“Thank you. Just Alyssa is fine. Wait, do you remember? we've seen each other before,” she said that made me even more confused.
“At your cafe. You played truth and dare with us! I could've never imagined you as eleey's best friend. She's so talkative,” she said seeing my confused expression.

Right. That's where I'd seen her. She was sitting next to Jake. Wait did that mean they're also here?

“She played with you? What are you talking about? She never even played with me!”. Addie said looking back and forth between me and Alyssa.

“She just played one round,so technically yes. we were–”
Before she could say further, some other girls asked Alyssa to go with them for clicking pictures.
“Enjoy the party,” she said with a smile and left.

As soon as Alyssa went, Addie turned towards me, “ Why didn't you say you know her?” she asked.

“I didn't know her. We didn't get to speak that day and I didn't even know her name or that she's your sister,” I said.

“I'll talk to you later about this and you're going to tell me everything about you playing truth or dare with people who you didn't even know,” she said rolling her eyes dramatically.

“Huh!!" I said understanding her drama.

Alyssa was dancing and asked both of us to join by waving her hand “come”.

“Aren't you coming? Addie asked.
“No, I'm fine here, you go,” I said.
”Sure?” she asked again.
“Yes, Addie. I'll be just fine, you enjoy dancing with Alyssa, she's waiting for you,” I said trying to assure her.
She was just being protective because I didn't like being around so many people.
She just smiled and left.