𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇

SCARLETT POV

"Okay warning, my dog is huge. Well, not to me but uh..." Tom looks at me, up and down.

We were standing outside of his house. Which was abnormally huge, for only one person living in it. It was more of a modern house, the exterior being all black. It was very secluded.

I liked it... it felt peaceful.

"You have a dog?!" I clasped my hands together, excitedly. Tom smiled, with a nod.

He fiddled with his keys, switching to the right ones. "Yeah, he's just really energetic." He finally got the right key in, unlocking the door.

I stepped inside, a comforting warmth hugging me like a warm blanket.

My eyes widened, seeing a huge dog come running down the stairs.

Oh Jesus.

"Down boy." Tom squatted, petting and kissing him hello. I could also notice, he was trying his best to get the proper introduction between us. I remember once, a Great Dane, jumped on me. That was not a good experience.

Tom stands up, holding him by his collar, gently. His hand still scratching the dogs ear.

"Princess, meet Capper, Capper meet princess."

"His name is Capper?" I giggled, putting my hand out. I already wanted to give him a hug, I was a huge animal person. I loved them all.

I squatted a little, my face being attacked in licks. I didn't mind it though. "What breed is he?" I asked, as Tom finally let go of his collar.

"German shorthaired pointer." He responded, I sat down fully. Enjoying, the feeling of being engulfed in all the dog love.

"Your house, it's nice." I complimented.

"Yeah, but sometimes it just feels really empty y'know what I mean?" Tom says, I knew the exact feeling. "I know exactly, what you mean." I nodded, finally standing up.

I didn't really know what my place here was. I also did not have a single clue on what we were going to do...in this huge empty house.

With Capper.

"You do realize you're still shirtless?" I hadn't even noticed, he never put his tank top back on. "Oh." Tom looks down at himself.

"Well, you're still wearing gym clothes." He crosses his arms at me.

"That's different, I barely even did anything. And they're comfy!" I pressed a finger into his chest.

"I had gotten there like five minutes before you did, I barely did anything either." He retaliated.

We were still just standing in front of his doorway. I'm so confused, what the hell is even going on at this point. Last week he was telling me, I was ruining his career and then he spent twenty minutes with me, being brutally honest and just started talking to me randomly.

"Tom." I tipped my head back, getting a better look at him. "Yes?"

"What made you decide that you were going to be nice to me?" I licked my lips in.

"This seems more like a couch conversation." He lead the way, going past his staircase. Into the living room. I sat down in the corner, Capper immediately jumping on with the both of us.

"I mean, just a week ago I was a child. And now you're letting me into your house, so what's the deal there?" He had asked me what my angle was at first, now i'm wondering, if I should be the one asking him that question.