Chapter 6: Red Head?

Justin stood up and walked to the door where Furrby and I were both just staring at, he pulled on the door that had been half open, and peered his head out the door frame, his hand let go of the door and he left the room. Furrby and I sat motionless on the bed listening and looking in fear of any human, I had thought maybe the creatures that caught me that time had followed me here and wanted to kill me, I tried to sniff the air to find out if it was dangerous, but nothing, my senses were bad in this human body, it was useless.

"It's a female...she smells of the city...I can't tell if she's dangerous" A small whisper almost undetectable came from my shivering friend by my side. A sigh of relief we both made knowing the dangerous creatures were mostly males and we couldn't always tell where they had come from, but we could smell the danger in them, the unmistakable smell of death and blood.

Hearing a conversation just outside the door made my nerves heighten, the female seemed upset and Justin's clear voice seemed like he was trying to calm her down but also convince her of something, it suddenly became silent until I heard footsteps approaching on the hard wooden floors of this human shelter.

Furrby and I held our breath as the door of our room opened, it stopped and Justin entered, I exhaled in relief, but Furrby had still held his breath and looked towards the door just next to Justin,

"This is Roxanne Fotch, she's a...friend of mine," Justin said lifting his hand to gesture to another in the room.

I looked and in stepped the female Furrby had smelled, she stopped just at the door as Justin walked up next to me on the bed. Furrby started to quiver again, gently placing my hand on his back I began to do something I had never dreamed to do; I began to rub his back, starting from behind his ears right down to his tail.

My eyes were still dead set gazed upon this female, this lady standing by the door, she was a lot more different than me, she seemed too small like she hadn't eaten enough food, she was quite young and in her prime childbearing age, her body was a bit taller too, as I looked at the details she was wearing this long black pants that seemed too small for her as it was very tight on legs and it also had this shimmer to the material, looking at her top half her chest was defiantly bigger than mine, and the shirt she had worn seemed to show it off, the yellow to white combination colour to it looked very good on her, it made her look pretty.

As my gaze met her eyes I saw that she had some type of paint on her face that made her look weird, her eye colour was as green as the grass blades during the spring days, and her hair was shocking deep blood, and was so long and flowing it reached the midsection of her back, but the paint on her face made her look dressed up, making her small face and shocking hair and green eyes stand out more.

"So...where did you find her again?" she spoke as she saw that I had been staring at her for some time, he voice was very unpleasant, it was very high pinched and seemed like she was still upset, the fact that she has phrased her words as if wasn't there had made me a bit hurt.

"Rox..." Justin seemed to have said it in a very low growl-like manner, like he was trying to tell her to use her manners.

"I'm just asking, I mean how you know she's not..." she had started but by the look that Justin had given her she immediately stopped, she was silent, but she was just getting more upset, his face made this type of frown that I had never seen any human make.

"Roxanne, do you have any clothes you think that might fit her?" Justin had asked looking at me while he said it, I looked up at him and just smiled, I heard this lady inhale as if she wanted to say something, but Justin lifted his head at her with a frown, he began to walk up to her, she left the room and so did Justin.

"Uhm...Furrby... I think we should get out of here..." I had whispered to my still-quivering friend by my side. All he did was nod and stand up, I slid my legs off the bed and began to stand up when Justin walked back in, his sudden appearance startled me and I made a small gasp that frightened Furrby straight off the bed again.