Chapter 1 - The Seed Who Didn't Grow I

Depuis le début

Little did I know back then it was all a facade.

The business did fall apart and there were a lot of debts to pay. My father worked hard to pay all those debts and raise me. He sold our house and went to live in my grandmother's old house. He had to work part time jobs, I wanted to help in some way but he told me to just focus on school.

"I promise to you Kuromi I'll pay all our debts and get you into a good school. Kuromi, I won't make you regret choosing me." father said.

A few years past, my father did fulfill his promise to me. I was in high school in a great school, I was a top student and my father was able to pay all our debts it all turned out great but after a few years..

One day, my father introduced me to a woman and said that they are getting married and we'll be living together with her children. Father said they met at one of our business events and they had a relationship for a long time yet he never told me, and then here they are saying their getting married. It was all a shock but my life was only starting to get worst.

A few years have passed since their marriage, my stepfamily lived together with us.

"Heyy Kuromi, come here wash my feet. I'm getting a pedicure." stepmother said.

Kuromi was washing the dishes, she didn't hear her stepmother calling her and later she realized she was behind her. She grabbed Kuromi's hair.

"Stepmother it hurts." Kuromi struggles against her stepmom.

"I called you and you weren't listening. You better obey me!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you." Kuromi continues to struggle.

"Ooh what a sight early in the morning." Kuromi's stepsister said.

"Ooh Mila you're awake my princess." Kuromi's stepmother let's go of her hair.

"What did she do this time? You shouldn't be in a bad mood mother you'll get wrinkles you know." Mila said.

"You're right. Well she didn't followed my orders so it's only right I discipline her." stepmom said.

"Well how about we go shopping?" Mila said happily.

"I agree. Let's go. Ooh and Kuromi you better clean the house to make yourself useful and make some food for Haru. This house better be clean or else, you know what'll happen if you don't." stepmom said.

Then they left the house leaving me all alone. Father had work and my older stepbrother Haru was at a volleyball match. We had no maids or anything I was always the one left at home and the one who does the chores around the house. My stepmom and stepsiblings all act like they like me in front of my father but when he's not around they all treat me differently.

A few moments later Haru finally arrived home. As he opened the door there was no one around, he went upstairs and saw Kuromi in her room, the door was wide open. Kuromi was asleep and, there were notebooks and books laying around her bed, it seemed she was studying.

"Look who's asleep." Haru grinned.

"Studying I see, now what would happen if I destroy all of those books, your precious lovely things? Would you cry and beg?"

Haru then grabbed all of the book's laying on Kuromi's bed and took it all to his room he then prepared something.

As Kuromi awakened she realized her books were gone.

"Did a robber get in the house? Wait no, if so then why steal my books. My other belongings are still here so. Wait Haru!" Kuromi said as she got up from her bed.