64.

This chapter gets slightly dark at the end so TW: past trauma, mention of suicide

The bus pulled into a cheap looking motel considering a storm was brewing and they couldn't get home. They were on the bus for that long that the sun had set, and they stepped into the darken night, staring a neon sign that read, Motel Glen Capri.

"I've seen worse," Scott commented, trying to sound optimistic as the rest of them furrowed their brows at him.

"Where have you seen worse?" Stiles asked from beside him.

"I think your body is going into shock," Neriah commented, pulling her leather jacket tighter around her body.

She sent a glare to Coach as he blew into the whistle in front of them. "Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves."

"Sometimes I really debate on what I could get away with," Neriah muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You'll be pairing up," Coach went on, holding up a handful of keys. "Choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. you got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves."

Neriah looked to Allison and Lydia, expecting to join them but they already started walking past her and toward Coach with a few other pairs. She sighed heavily and then looked at Scott and Stiles who she had had many sleepovers within the past, but Stiles was already glaring at her, and Scott was sending her an apologetic look. Which left Neriah on her own. Great.

She took in a deep breath and headed for Coach, only for Isaac to beat her and reach him first, taking a key before turning around to face her with a smirk that made her heart race.

"You're stuck with me, love," Isaac said softly, holding his hand out for the flustered girl.

She hesitated. wondering if it was a good idea for them to share a room together considering the last time they were alone was in her car, and that nearly escalated too fast.

"Okay," Neriah gave in with a smile, grabbing his hand. "No funny business," she warned him, still not able to wipe off her smile considering deep down she did want funny business.

But how could she think that? It was all so confusing. She had no doubt in her mind that she was falling for Isaac Lahey. He was always caring about her, even before they made out in the car. Somehow, he felt like her anchor, which was bizarre considering Stiles had been her anchor for twelve years and then suddenly he wasn't because he scarred her heart with Heather's name.

Isaac wasn't Stiles. In fact, they were fairly different. Well, they were both witty and sarcastic at times, but something else about Isaac pulled her to him—begged her for him. The feelings she started to gain for him in such a short amount of time were powerful, like a drug.

Isaac Lahey had become Neriah Hale's drug. And she didn't know if that was terrifying or not. Especially when a big part of her craved for that rush every time he was near.

"You might have to explain that better," he drawled, walking them down one of the outside hallways while other teenagers filtered into their rooms.

"We both know what I mean," she laughed when he dropped her hand, putting the key in the door and unlocking it.

"Oh," he said, pushing the door open and the facing her with a fake confused look. "Do you mean, like this?"

That time she sent him a confused look that was quickly replaced with surprise as he grabbed her hips, picking her up. Out of instinct, she wrapped her legs around his waist and held onto the back of his neck, giggling softly as he smiled up at her and carried her into the room.