PART II: Inner City

To say that the shopping centre was spacious was an understatement, in Lucia's eyes, it was the largest one that she'd seen in her life, they'd been exploring the place for at least half an hour, and they still hadn't explored a mere fragment of the venue. Unsurprisingly, Alora was 'au courant' with the place, perhaps too well acquainted, never making a wrong turn or a mistake. While Lucia did have erudition, and explorational prowess, even she reckoned that a place like this would take her a good chunk of the day to fully cover, if not longer. Not to mention the littler details that Alora was also well versed with, she was impressed.

They had done their shopping for clothes a while ago, finding outfits that would help them acculturate to the city, Lucia had picked a hoodie with psychedelic liquid waves, floral jeans, and octopus sneakers. Her outfit looked quite bohemian to say the least, but she didn't quite mind. Aiden and Cynthia went for more simper approaches, Aiden wearing jet black buckle jeans and a reflective T-Shirt, and Cynthia picking up an olive tracksuit; wearing a pastel bucket hat that sat tilted on her head. Alora was very pleased with the outfits, thought definitely costing her a pretty penny, she didn't seem to care all too much.

"Where to now?" Lucia asked, straightening her new hoodie.

"The plan's to head to the fountain outside of the shopping mall," Alora answered, looking at her watch.

"D'ya reckon that Magnus and the rest have already finished?" Cynthia chimed in, rubbing her eyes, Lucia's shirt was giving her a very clear headache.

"Here, let me text Jake," Aiden said.

"Yo? Jacob, have u finished your shoppin' yet?"
"We just finished now,"

"Ages ago dude, y'all are slow as hell"
"Don't call me 'Jacob' you spud,"

"Where are you now then?"

"We're at some café, just grabbing some snacks lol"
"600 Xanar can get you FAR dude,"

"How far are we saying here?"

"Equivalent to about $1000,"
"The shopkeeper there told us abt it,"

"Cool."

Aiden looked visibly shocked by the figure, Lucia noticing his sudden shocked demeanour. "What did he say?" She tapped him on the shoulder, with profound curiosity, Aiden looked up from the phone, turning to face Alora.

"Dude... How much is a 'Xanar' worth?"

"How much is a Xanar worth?" Alora asked, with a raised brow, "In relation to overworld currency, about $1.80 dollars give or take,"

Cythnia looked impressed; it seemed like the city had a decent grasp on economics despite being so disconnected to the society she had grown in. Aiden continued to text his brother.

"Tell everyone to meet us at the entrance to the shopping centre"
"Have u got ur GPS?"

"Aight,"
"Yeah, I got the GPS, want us to go now?"

"Yeah"

"Alr"

Aiden placed the phone back into his pocket.

"They're on their way there right now, let's go," he said. Alora led the way, as the trio followed.

...

"Woooaah! You guys look awesome!" Lucia said, awestruck and clapping at the dazzling outfits her friends had on.

"Stellar picks from you lot also," Magnus laughed, posing with his new varsity jacket.