14 | Confrontation

"You ready to go?" Y/n asked, slipping her shoes on.

Saturday had rolled around sooner than anticipated, bringing on yet another dreaded training session. Y/n could feel her stomach turn just at the thought of having to deal with Scott for the day but at least she had her girlfriend with her. Otherwise, she would've used her training against the wrong person.

"All set," Ramona sauntered over, "Are you sure you're ready to go?"

With a sigh, y/n grabbed her keys and opened the door, "Let's hope so."

Finally having made it through the quiet streets, the couple found themselves in front of Pilgrim's abode. The snow crunched beneath their feet as they ambled up the path; the door in front of them promising warmth from the bitter cold they were in. With a few knocks, it gently swayed open.

There stood Scott, in his usual dippy state. His calm demeanour suddenly stiffened as his eyes landed on Ramona. The unannounced arrival made him question how presentable he looked. Quickly running his hand through his hair, he fixed his posture. 

"Oh, hey. You didn't tell me you were bringing Ramona?" Scott chuckled nervously.

Y/n shrugged, fixing a stern gaze on him, "Sorry, it slipped my mind."

Her taunting tone had him holding back a plethora of glares and insults, but he couldn't risk Ramona noticing. Not if he wanted a chance at getting on her good side. He offered the pair a welcoming smile, stepping to the side to allow them to enter. That smile slowly faded as he noticed their hands intertwined, swaying merrily as they walked into his home.

As usual, Wallace was sitting on his armchair watching something on tv. The familiar explosions and obnoxiously fake voice indicated that he was watching yet another Lucas Lee movie.

"Hey Wallace," y/n greeted him warmly.

He turned to her, returning the welcoming attitude. He then noticed the pink haired girl next to her and smirked slightly. Although, there also seemed to be something sympathetic in his gaze. Almost as if he knew something was going to happen.

"Hey. I see you brought your girlfriend," Wallace teased.

Scott's jaw tensed at the word. He hated how serious it sounded. It only reminded him of the obstacles he had to face in order to get the girl of his dreams. On the other hand, y/n nodded confidently at the statement, feeling a sense of pride knowing Ramona was hers.

Wallace looked over to Scott, having to check on him as if he were a bratty toddler. He could sense the anger emanating from him, watching as the cogs turned in his mind to create a plan on how to impress the girl he had been talking about non-stop. Just what he expected of him.

"Nice to see you again," Ramona began.

"Yeah you too," Wallace replied.

As y/n fell into a conversation with Scott about training, Wallace got up from his seat. He brushed past Ramona on the way to the kitchen but not without muttering a warning.

"If you break her heart, I'll break you."

He smiled innocently, moving on as if nothing had happened. Ramona furrowed her brows slightly. The way he had just spoke to her irritated her, however his protectiveness over y/n was commendable. It definitely wasn't an empty threat either. The last person that crossed him had to leave town after him and Stacey spread a rumour that got him fired and almost disowned.

"So uh, ready to show your girlfriend everything you've learnt?" Scott asked, trying to mask his mocking tone.

He slung his arm around Ramona, instantly making y/n grit her teeth as she felt an unease settle within her. She knew what game he was playing. She wasn't going to let him win. Just as she was about to part the two, her girlfriend pushed Scott's arm away which helped ease her insecurity.