7 | Plans

The early morning sun seeped through the blinds, shining a warm hue into the room. Y/n was still half asleep as she basked in the bliss of yesterday. She was worried that if she opened her eyes, she would wake up in her own bed and realise it was all just a dream.

The only sound present was the rustle of the duvet as she shuffled underneath it. That was until she heard a faint buzzing coming from the other room. The pestering sound made her stir and close her eyes tighter, not wanting to leave the warm embrace of the covers just yet.

She turned over to her front and sighed into the pillow as her arms searched for something to hold. When she felt the lack of another presence next to her, she opened her eyes and scanned the empty space on the mattress.

She squinted and sat up as she skimmed the room but her gaze instantly softened when she saw Ramona brushing her teeth in the bathroom.

Y/n gave her a lazy smile, "What time is it?"

She spat the toothpaste into the sink and glanced at her, "Not quite 8am."

"How come you're up so early?"

Y/n laid back down, stretching her limbs as she yawned. Ramona walked over to her wardrobe and started to flick through the different clothes she had hanging.

"I have to work, so you have to leave," she pulled on a t-shirt and smoothed out the wrinkles before crossing her arms and facing y/n.

"On a Sunday?"

"Well you worked a Saturday didn't you?"

Y/n couldn't argue with that. She got up like Ramona asked and started to get ready to leave.

They walked out of the house together and luckily it was a lot more sunny today. Although, there was still a thick sheet of snow covering the ground which came up to their knees. Y/n stuffed her hands into her pockets as Ramona opened the fence gate for her.

"So uh... do you want to hang out again soon?" Y/n proposed, hopeful of her reply.

"Sure, what do you have in mind?"

"I don't really mind. You could always come over to mine or we could go out somewhere."

Ramona thought it over for a moment, "I'm not really sure about my schedule for work at the moment so I'll text you when I'm next free and we can go from there."

"Okay great, I'll talk to you later then."

"Yeah, talk to you later," Ramona skated down the road, melting the snow underneath her.

Y/n couldn't wait to talk to her again. She felt very comfortable around her and enjoyed her company despite the little time she'd known her. Taking out her phone, she noticed a message from Stephen... sent thirty minutes ago.

Stephen

Where the hell are you?? Band practise started half an hour ago!

Crap. She completely forgot about band practise. She was too caught up with Ramona for it to even cross her mind. Trudging through the snow, she quickly made her way down the road. She was not looking forward to dealing with Stephen's nagging once she got there but if she didn't show up at all he'd probably bite her head off.

Finally making it to the door, she hesitantly knocked and prayed that Stephen wouldn't be the one to answer. To her dismay, her prayers weren't answered. Towering in the doorway stood Stephen with a stern look on his face. She could feel his gaze burning into her as she walked in.

Y/n laughed nervously, "Sorry I'm late, my alarm didn't go off."

Stephen didn't reply and just watched as she went to sit on the sofa. Already sitting there was Knives and Neil. Neil didn't seem to be paying much attention but Knives was gawking at Scott and Kim who were set up with their instruments. How did she always have so much energy?