6 | Warming Up

Y/n was relieved to be out of the blizzard. It felt like she was going to be buried under the storm in the last moments she was outside. Brushing the remains of snow off her shoulders, she took off her coat and hung it up next to Ramona's.

After she finally relaxed herself, she viewed the house she found herself in. It was a decent size. The floor was wooden and the walls were pretty plain, which contrasted with Ramona's style. In front of them lead a winding staircase, with shoes lined up on a mat next to it.

Ramona started to make her way up the stairs, "You want a drink? I have tea if you want something warm."

Her nose was rosy from where the cold had nipped at it and her hair clung to her face slightly. Somehow, y/n found her even more attractive with wet hair. Her eyes followed her with every step as the floor creaked beneath her.

"Yeah please, what kind of tea do you have?"

Ramona disappeared upstairs and y/n quickly followed her. She was lead down a corridor to what seemed like a kitchen and dining room. In the middle of the tiled floor stood a table that had enough space for four people, although it didn't seem like anyone else lived there. Packed along the wall was the oven, sink, fridge and cabinets with different herbs and things neatly stacked on the counter.

"Let's see..." Ramona approached one of the cupboards, swinging it open as her eyes scanned the interior.

"There is... blueberry, raspberry, ginseng, sleepy time, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with lemon and honey, liver disaster, ginger with honey, ginger without honey, vanilla almond, white truffle coconut, chamomile, blueberry chamomile, decaf vanilla walnut, constant comment, and earl grey."

Y/n scrunched her nose slightly as she tried to play that back in her head. She could only remember 'earl grey' because it was the last thing she had said and she didn't want to make her repeat all of that again.

"Uh... I'll have whatever you're having," she smiled as she went over to sit at the table.

"I think I'll have sleepy time."

Taking the tea bags out of the box, Ramona started to make the tea for both of them. Y/n didn't really know what to do or say while she waited so she just sat silently in her seat, glancing at the walls as she played with her fingers.

The little voice inside her head kept nagging her to say something, anything, and to stop being so awkward. Although, the silence didn't feel awkward to her. She was more worried it felt that way for Ramona.

The clink of the mug on the wooden table brought her attention back from her internal debate. She accepted it in her grasp, the warmth comforting her numb hands.

"Thank you," she said before taking a sip.

Ramona looked at her as she put her own cup down and noticed she was still shivering slightly. She didn't understand how she wasn't sweating with the number of layers she had on but it was cute to her.

She gave her an amused look, "Do you want me to get you a blanket?"

Y/n hesitated, not wanting to be a bother, but she couldn't ignore the faint chill that still taunted her skin.

"If that's alright."

With a nod, Ramona disappeared down the hallway towards her room. Y/n stared out the small window opposite her as she waited, watching as the specks of white hurtled towards the ground.

She went to take another sip of her drink but wasn't greeted by the hot liquid she expected. Either Ramona had been gone for a while or she had drunk her tea way too fast. Leaning back on her chair, she peered down the dark hallway.