3 - friend or woe

: ̗̀➛ 🦋 *ೃ༄ Freya Parker22:34

Freya decided to help Josh work on putting the fire together, as she found herself rather useless and, frankly, enjoyed seeing Chris' awkward attempts at talking to Ashley. Freya took a deep breath and turned to Josh.

"It's nice to see the mountain again," she remarked, feeling a mixture of nostalgia and the chill of the winter air.

Josh agreed.

"Yeah, it is. A lot's changed... for us but the mountain's still here,'' he spoke and changed the tone of his voice. "Speaking of changes, did you notice the new couples forming? It's like everyone's switching partners."

Freya chuckled and nodded a few times.

''Well, I'm not that surprised...''

''Oh yeah?''

''Well-'' she began and cleared her throat, turning into a whisper, even though the topical couples had already left the room. ''I'm not so surprised it turned out like this.''

''So... who's in line for a date with our very own Mike then?''

 who's in line for a date with our very own Mike then?''

''What?'' Freya chuckled nervously.

Josh, with a mischievous glint in his eye, teased.

''I wouldn't be surprised if Mike changed partners during this trip... given the stuff we heard about Emily...''

''Hmmm,'' Freya hummed and played along with a smirk. ''Oh, you know... I think the wolverines outside might be lining up. They've heard about his charms.''

''His charms?" Josh asked playfully.

''Oh, please,'' Freya waved him off. ''If anyone's stealing hearts around here it's Sam, not me...''

''I dunno...'' Josh bopped his head around. ''Sam does have that effect on people.''

''Oh yeah?" Freya asked in a teasing voice but Josh immediately dismissed that.

''C'mon... seriously. Any love interests?''

Freya chuckled and hesitated for a moment.

''I was dating a guy for a few months. Four to be exact. Didn't last long and we just... kinda realized we were better off as friends. Didn't end badly, so it's OK,'' she explained.

''Hey, at least you gave it a shot, though,'' Josh nodded.

Soon, welcoming flames cast a warm atmosphere in the room and Freya began rubbing her hands together despite having worn gloves. She was no rookie.

As Sam discovered Josh and Freya near the fireplace, she approached them with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

''Hey Josh. No hot water's kinda major oversight doncha think...?'' she asked.

Freya shrugged.

''Warm up by the fire, c'mon,'' she laughed but then changed her expression once a playful smile appeared on Sam's face.