Chapter 3 - Josephine

Start from the beginning

"Everything okay, Josephine?" He laughs and looks at me amused.
I like how he says my name.
I nod and quickly remove my hand from his.
"My pleasure."
He looks at me with bright eyes, truly a magnificent color.
Now that we are closer I can clearly see that they are a magnetic green that fades slightly to blue. It's a particular color, truly beautiful.
"Are you sure everything's okay?" He smiles.

"Sorry, again!" I burst out laughing in embarrassment "The trip was endless! I swear I'm usually much more talkative than that!" I'll rave about something quickly.
Basically whatever comes to mind, I say! Without filters.
And I can't totally blame tiredness!
"Damn, how tall are you?" I find myself staring at him, voicing my thoughts.
Here you are. Precisely.
Were we talking about brain-mouth filters?
Gone.
Not received.

He looks at me perplexed for a moment and then bursts out laughing in amusement.
“Was this what you were thinking?” He puts his hands in his pockets and can't stop giggling.
Yes, I will definitely seem like a crazy psychopath to him. Perfect.
This is a great start.
"I'm 1.88m tall." He chuckles and looks at me curiously.
I will seem like a strange little animal to him, for sure.

"I thought so! There's almost 20cm difference between us! You're a giant!" I say.

He continues to look at me amused.
I sigh and take my hat off my head.
I see him looking at me and I honestly have no idea what's going on in his head.
I struggle to understand what's going on in my head now, let alone in his!

I take a deep breath and try to change the subject.
"Anna told me we have dinner planned tonight?"

"Yes, they are waiting for us in a restaurant nearby. I offered to wait for you. If it's not a problem for you, we could go together on foot." He runs a hand through his hair and I am captivated by his gesture.
I nod but I understood three words of everything he said.
His eyes. Oh God, his eyes.
I can't stop watching it.

"You don't have any tattoos..." I come out like this, suddenly, totally out of context.
He bursts out laughing again.
I close my eyes exasperated with myself. I would have to bite my tongue to stop myself from speaking!
"Sorry, let's go again! I'm Josephine Langford and I'm so, so tired. Sorry, really! It seems like the brain/mouth filter isn't working anymore!"

He continues laughing and shaking his head.
"You're funny" He says almost to himself and in some ways he seems surprised.
We look at each other in silence for a few seconds and strangely I don't feel embarrassed. Who is this guy and above all, why does he have this strange effect on me?

"I guess you need to put your things away in your room. I can wait for you here in the hall so we can go together as soon as you're ready. What do you say?"
I nod and swallow at the same time to avoid making a further fool of myself.
All I need to do is tell him how attractive I find him and then the psychopath of the year award will go to me!
I smile at him and head towards the reception with my bags in tow.

He watches me with his hands in his pockets as I take the key to my room.
"Sorry, I only just noticed the suitcases!" Hero appears next to me again "Do you need a hand?"
I would like to tell him no, that I can do just fine on my own, as always, but I'm really, really, too tired!
I find myself nodding and muttering a 'Thank you' practically under my breath.
He smiles at me and takes both my suitcases, leading me towards the elevators.
I could use a good sleep.
I've been on the road for 24 hours and I'm exhausted, both physically and mentally.

For this reason I would seriously like to move to the United States. As much as I love Perth, it really is a lost city and if I want to be an actress in America it's not possible to live on the other side of the world and have to travel like this every time.
I sigh, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Lost in your thoughts, again?" He smiles as he leans against a wall of the elevator, after pressing the button for the fourth floor.