SEVENTH CHAPTER-Pancake of manipulation

Start from the beginning

I was hesitant about calling him since it's almost seven. Oh well, he'll reach out to me.
After a few seconds, I heard a familiar voice. 

"Nell!" 

"Liam!" 

"Thank goodness you called. I thought you had forgotten about me."

"To forget about you? Never. I didn't even get a chance to call you. The past three days have been quite..." -

I paused, trying to come up with a name for this madness in the past few days. 

"I completely understand. Everything is the same here. I just miss going to the zoo after school. But that's not important right now. Tell me everything!" 

"Well, Paris is much more beautiful in person than on TV. And the parisians are so elegant compared to the germans. But of course, nowhere is like Saarbrücken." 

"I know you're lying, but it's okay. Did you see those superheroes?"

 My stomach churned, and my cheeks blush. 

"I did. They saved Dorothea and me."

"Really? Wow. So they're truly heroes, not just a marketing trick." 

"Yes. They really are..."

"Really cool. We should have superheroes in Germany too. How is school going for you?" 

"It's good there too." 

I don't want to tell him about Chat Noir because that story sounds really unreal. And maybe he would be mad at me because Mathias and I recently broke up. And they were friends. 

"I didn't want to tell you this, but..." "What?" 

I asked in a panicked tone. 

"I don't know if you're still recovering from the breakup." 

"No, I've completely moved on from that." 

And fallen in love again. 

"Well, Mathias mentions you often. It seems... like he regrets the way things ended between you. But I told him that he doesn't deserve you and that it was his mistake." 

I trembled after he said this. I can't believe he regrets it when the breakup was something he wanted. Not me. 

"You told him well. I've gotten over him. And I truly deserve better."

"Of course. I have to go now, it was nice talking to you." 

"Me too." 

"One more thing... I hope you find what you deserve in Paris..."

                                                                                          ***

"Would you like to go for a walk in the city after school?" I asked Chloe while we were eating in the cafeteria. She arrogantly shook her head.

"I don't go out unless there's a need for it. And today, there isn't."

"But I would love to visit some places here."

"Nell, that's not my problem. I don't want to go, and that's it."

Honestly, Chloe's behavior is starting to annoy me, and I understand why the whole class hates her. She's also been really mean to Sabrina, who constantly cries because of her.

"Fine," I replied, irritated.

I don't know who else to ask. Most of the class doesn't really hang out with me because they think I'm like Chloe. And I don't want to bother her.