61.

"I can't believe they snapped my neck," Neriah grumbled, walking toward the loft with Isaac, silently cursing the cold rain that dampened her clothes from the jog to here from the car. "Like they actually snapped it. It broke."

"Trust me, I heard it," Isaac said quietly, the sound still repeating in his head since the moment it happened.

Since the moment Neriah came back to life with her teeth in Scott's wrist, Isaac had been usually quiet. He didn't even banter with her in the car which was not normal.

Neriah pulled the lift door open and straight away, she noticed the faint smell of blood lingering in the air.

"What happened in here?" Neriah asked, walking inside to notice Derek staring out the windows and no Cora in sight.

Cora had been weird since the night in the vault. The girls only spoke once and that was when Cora gave Neriah a brief hug, surprised as much as she was that the both of them were alive.

Derek stayed silent and Isaac closed the door behind him. "Derek?" Neriah raised her voice, stopping a distance away from him. "Earth to lord sour-wolf. What's up with you?"

"You and Isaac need to leave my loft tonight," Derek finally spoke, but not with words she was hoping for.

"What?" Neriah asked, baffled at his words as she shared a confused glance with Isaac beside her. "Where the hell did that come from?"

"Riah, you and Isaac need to leave right now," Derek repeated, firmer than before.

"I don't get it," Isaac stated, dropping his bag at his feet. "Well, did something happen?"

Derek kept his back to them, and Neriah crossed her arms over her chest with an annoyed look. "Are you seriously kicking us out?"

"Look, it's just not gonna work with you three here," Derek said, looking down at the glass in his hand. "I've got Cora now. It's too much. I need you both out tonight."

"I understand that," Neriah said, taking a step closer. "But you said yourself that I could stay here, that you would take care of me because we're family. And how is this fair on Isaac? Someone you bit and then took in. How can you just throw us out?"

"Where are we even supposed to go?" Isaac scoffed with an unbelievable look.

"Somewhere else," Derek said flatly.

Neriah glared at the back of his head with hurt. "My apartment was trashed. You told me to come here. You told me to move in, Derek!" she snapped. "Isaac doesn't have anywhere else to go. He is your beta, and you are his Alpha. Start fucking acting like one."

Isaac placed a hand on the furious girl's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze as he stared at Derek. "Did we do something wrong, Derek?"

The alpha finally faced them then with lighting glowing outside. "You're doing something wrong right now by not leaving," he said harshly, his eyes hardening on them.

"Oh, come on," Isaac scoffed.

"Just get out," Derek snapped.

"Derek, please," Neriah said more gently than she'd spoken before. How could he throw them out like they were nothing?

Derek raised his hand and Isaac grabbed Neriah, covering her head with his body just as Derek threw the glass at them. Glass shattered, scattering above them and Isaac held her tighter as her heart dropped.

Neriah's cousin just threw a glass at them without a care.

Isaac slowly let go of her, standing up straight as her lips parted in shock while she stared at her cousin with a new wound in her heart.