04 | weakness of the soul

𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐊

04 ‒ weakness of the soul

Sakura decided that she wasn't strong enough

When did she realise this?

From the very beginning.

It was obvious in the way she lacked grades in taijutsu and ninjutsu.

The way her chakra levels were so low that they could be compared to Konohamaru - the third hokage's grandson.

Despite having precise chakra control, she couldn't do anything about it, not without a guide.

Sakura hated how much the whispers of the people around her affected her.

The way people talked about a civilian being in a team with the prodigious Kakashi Hatake as her sensei, with a jinchuriki whose surname was Uzumaki and with the sole survivor of the Uchiha massacre.

The team was bound to be in trouble, Sakura knew.

She knew from the moment the teams were announced, the way Ino's face wilted when she realised that she wasn't going to be in a team with her precious Sasuke.

But Sakura was so jealous of Ino.

She had a clan behind her, so she had a nice comfy path laid in front of her.

Ino's team was a generational one - Ino-Shika-Cho team, their parents were in the same team and their ancestors were as well.

The other prominent team was the sensory team which would be good for scouting and information gathering, with their sensei being a genjutsu expert, and their clan techniques being so good.

Sakura always held envy deep in her heart, never revealing but always existing.

Then there was Guy-sensei's team, they were an aggression-focused team with close-range, middle-range and a long-range fighter.

She admired everyone for their qualities but at the same time, she wished that she could also have something special.

So what if her genjutsu was good? So what if her memory was even better? So what if her chakra control was the best?