ch-11 (aahna)

at the sangeet, I sat on my chair veer next to me. the vibrant beats of music echoed through the venue. Ritika, took the stage with a dance performance that left everyone in awe.

Rudra, started "Aashika, look at Ritu. She's setting the stage on fire. Tumhe kuch seekhna chahiye."

Aashika rolled her eyes. "Oh please, Rudra. I dance in my own style."

Rudra laughed, "Haan, woh kitchen towel wala style, right?"

Aashika replied, "Aur tumhare so-called dance moves ko dekhke lagta hai, jaise koi neend mein bhangra kar raha ho!"

"Aree aree rudra bhai, aashi, ab bas bhi karo! Dance floor pe competition karo, yahan commentary mat do!" I declared.

As Ritika's performance concluded, she sauntered off the stage, she grabbed our hands, declaring, "Enough of this sitting around! Let's get you two on the dance floor."

Veer reiterated, "I don't dance."

Taking him by the hand, I insisted, "Come on, Veer, we practiced this dance so much."

With a reluctant sigh, Veer finally relented, "Fine, let's do this."

As we ascended the stage, I ran towards him, and he held my hand. The attention of everyone shifted towards us, and cheers filled the air. We danced on Raanjhanaa, and to my surprise, Veer's moves were impeccable.

The atmosphere became charged with energy, and even Rudra bhai couldn't resist shouting, "Wohoooo! Bro, kya baat hai! Veer, tu toh cha gaya!"

Aashika shouted too, "wowww, Mr. Serious can dance too!"

"Veer, you've got some hidden moves! Kab se practice kar rahe the bina bataye?" I started, my grin widening as we twirled on the dance floor.

Veer says, "Sunshine, this is a one-time thing. Don't get used to it. I'm not turning into a party person."

the song came to an end, Veer gently twirled me one final time before pulling me close, "it was fun," I admitted.

Veer, with smile, acknowledged, "It was tolerable, sunshine."

As we stepped off the stage, the cheers and applause followed us. Rudra bhai  stated, "Veer, ab toh tujhe har function pe dance karna padega!"

Veer shot him a firm look, "No."

Aashika, "Come on, Mr. Serious, a little dance won't hurt. You enjoyed it just now."

Veer shook his head, "Not my thing."

I went to answer a call in my room, I continued the conversation with a friend who couldn't make it to the function. Putting the call on speaker while fixing my jhumka in the mirror, I expressed, "rahul yarr I've missed you, man."

Rahul responded, "I know, Aahna. I wish I could make it. How's everything there?"

Before I could answer, I felt a fake cough sound. Turning around, I was taken aback to see Veer standing there. I didn't realize he had come into the room. He was leaning against the door, his eyes fixed on me.

"Veer, what----

Before I could finish, he swiftly closed the distance between us, smashed his lips on my lips with a wild, possessive kiss. I gasped in surprise, and Rahul was still on call

Breaking the kiss, Veer murmured, "I wanted to do this since I saw you tonight."

As Veer kissed me, I was left breathless, and Rahul, still on call, stuttered, "Uh, Aahna, I think I should hang up now. You seem busy."

Veer smirked, giving a nod. "Yeah, you should let us have some privacy."

I quickly ended the call, my cheeks flushed. "Veer, what was that for?"

He chuckled, "Just claiming what's mine, sunshine."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Claiming what's yours? Really?"

He nodded with a serious expression, "Yes, really. Don't act surprised. You know you're mine."

"Oh, am I?" i asked.

Veer leaned in, his lips brushing against my ear. "Always, Aahna."

Before he could pull away, I surprised him by leaning in and kissing him this time. it was a deep, passionate kiss, filled with longing and desire. Veer's initial surprise quickly gave way to reciprocation, and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer, His hands trailed along my waist, pulling me impossibly closer.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. We quickly broke apart, our breathing heavy as we exchanged a knowing glance.

"Who is it?" I called out, my voice betraying the lingering

ritika's voice came from the other side, "Ana di, Veer jiju, are you guys in there?"

Veer muttered under his breath, "Not now, ritika." 

I shouted from inside. "Yes, Ritika, what do you need?"

Ritika responded. "Di, jiju, everyone's waiting for you downstairs! It's time for the next performance."

"Okay, Ritika, we'll be right there," I replied, masking any trace of the previous intimacy in my voice.

"Great! Hurry up, we don't want to keep everyone waiting," she u and we heard footsteps, she was gone back.

Veer reached out to gently tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear, his touch sending a shiver down my spine. "We'll continue this later," he murmured, his voice low and husky with desire.

I nodded, my heart still racing, "Later," I whispered.