60.

After cross country, the five of them went back to their classes. But during chemistry, Isaac left to go to the bathroom, only to walk out of class and run into the twins.

Isaac explained to Scott and Neriah that when he was in the hallway, Aiden started hitting his brother to make it look like Isaac bashed him. And to be honest, it sure as hell worked perfectly because Isaac ended up with a detention.

"Don't let it bother you," Scott said quietly to Isaac as the three of them walked toward Isaac's locker. "It's just lunchtime detention. If all they want right now is to piss you off, then don't give in. They're just trying to get to you."

"I don't blame Isaac," Neriah interjected, leaning against the locker next to Isaac's as he opened his. "They destroyed my home, held Cora and Boyd hostage, killed Erica, and put him in hospital. We should be pissed."

Isaac nodded his head agreeing and then looked behind her with an annoyed look on his face. "It's not just me."

Neriah looked over her shoulder to see Aiden leaning against the locker next to Lydia as she put her notebooks away.

"What about tonight?" the devil twin asked her.

"Nope," she hummed, closing her locker. "Studying."

"I can help you," he pushed, obviously not knowing how to take no as an answer.

Lydia sighed, turning around and leaning back against her locker. "Do you have an IQ higher than 170?"

"Okay. You can help me," he negotiated, and she scoffed with a smile. "Tonight then?"

Lydia sent him a flirty smile and patted his chest before walking. The second Aiden looked up at the others with a smirk, Neriah was moving.

"Riah—" She grabbed the front of Aiden's jacket, slamming him up against the lockers behind him, silencing Scott.

"What the hell are you planning at with her?" Neriah snapped, pushing him harder as he grinned.

"Look at the claws on you," he mused, looking down at her hands where her claws were in fact poking out. "I was warned you had a temper, but I didn't realize it was this attractive."

"You'll find it really attractive when I claw out your eyes," she said quietly with a sharp tone. "You're gonna leave her the hell alone, understand me?"

He chuckled, making her anger tip out of the bucket faster and into her veins. "You can't do anything to me, Neriah Hale. I'm an alpha and you're only a beta."

This time Neriah laughed. "Oh, you have no idea what I am, do you?" she asked him, tilting her head at his furrowed brows as black veins started to appear under her eyes. "I'm not a beta, Aiden. I'm a hybrid."

"How is that possible—"

"Miss Hale!" a voice behind Neriah furiously yelled and she loudly groaned, letting go of Aiden and turning away from his shocked face to see Mr. Harris' furiously looking at her. "What do you think you're doing?"

Neriah shrugged her shoulders, fixing up Aiden's jacket. "Just a lovers spat," she hummed with an innocent smile. "Nothing to worry about."

"Well, you can finish it after detention," Mr. Harris fumed, sending a quick apologetic look to Aiden.

"Suits me," Neriah said flatly, winking at Aiden before walking away.

Neriah walked into detention, spotting Isaac sitting at one of the front desks and she quickly sat down beside him as Mr. Harris walked into the classroom. Truly, she didn't want to sit through detention, but seeing the small amount of fear in Aiden's eyes was worth it.