9. First Week - Meeting the Traveler

"Hello There" -- Characters speaking

'General Kenobi' -- Character thoughts

"You are" 'a bold one' -- Invocations, Thoughts/Conversations in flashbacks

The Negotiator -- Titles

"Ah yes, the Negotiator" -- Xeroc speaking

------------------------------

Dawn broke as the sun began to rise from the east. The silence of Mondstadt city was trampled upon as people left their homes, journeying along the illuminated streets as they followed divergent paths, arriving at their stalls and shops so they could prepare for the hustle and bustle that would occur later in the day.

Within a building located at the southern part of the city, the otherworldly duo were wrapped around each other, cozily sleeping while sharing a single bed. The room they were in was of a simple design—wooden walls and floors with a singular window, a small bed, side table, a closet, and a singular bathroom.

As rays of light escaped into the room through the gaps in the thick curtains, Calamitas stirred awake, opening her eyes while trying to blink away some of the sleep. 

She carefully removed her arms from around Erden so as to not rouse him, slowly sitting up on the bed. Running her hand through her disheveled hair, she heard a faint murmur escape her companion's lips.

Curious as to what he was dreaming about, she leaned in close, hoping to get a clue from his silent mumbling. Nevertheless, she wished she hadn't done that, as she could feel her face getting hot, realizing that his current dream...

"Hehehe... foursome with three Callies..."

...Was in fact, a wet dream, evident from the tent that began to form under the blankets they covered themselves with.

Ignoring the raging boner trying to free itself from its prison, she quietly moved off the bed, walking around it towards the covered window with hushed steps. Sliding the curtain slightly, she opened part of the window with ease, breathing in the fresh, morning air.

Witnessing the droves of people making their way to their workplaces, her eyes held unspoken appreciation for the people willing to wake up early morning, working to provide for themselves and their families. Gazing from above, she eyed one specific individual.

Drudging up the memory of the interactions from the day before, she remembered him as the man to whom Erden had sold some ores, netting them the necessary Mora and allowing them to procure a temporary residence for the time being.

------------------------------

[The Day Before]

"...In terms of Mora, we have no Mora."

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!"

Her face covered by her palm, a guttural groan escaped from her lips. It completely escaped her mind that a different world might have a different currency system. With a worried countenance, she expressed her concern as to their situation, while suggesting a somewhat... extreme solution.

"What are we going to do now? We're completely broke with no place to stay at, unless... hey, should we mug the guy with the biggest stall?"

"Good grief Callie, this isn't London. Stop worrying about the Mora so much..."