3. The Dream - Five Years Prior

"Hello There"                              --     Characters speaking

'General Kenobi'                        --     Character thoughts

" You are" ' a bold one'            --     Thoughts/Conversations in flashbacks

The Negotiator                          --     Titles

"Ah yes, the Negotiator"     --     ??? speaking

------------------------------

Snow. Snow was everywhere. The surrounding trees were covered in the thin embrace of ice while the branches and leaves served as foundation for piles of snow. High above, dark clouds covered the sky serving as a prison that only let in the smallest specks of sunlight. It was quiet as only slight gusts of wind rang out silently throughout the frozen landscape. But it didn't last long as the silence was then broken by a robotic voice, devoid of all emotions.

"COMBINED ENERGY RESERVES AT LOW CAPACITY, SYSTEM FAILURE IMMINENT."

Suddenly, four figures emerged from the dark clouds, rapidly falling from the sky as they easily broke terminal velocity.

"PREPARING 'THERMONUCLEAR BLITZ' MUTUAL DESTRUCTION PROTOCOL."

Amongst the four figures, two were humanoid. They were similar in size, yet distinct at the same time. The first of the two was covered in black robes with gold and red accents, that also served as an armor. His brown hair was covered under a hat and his emerald-green eyes shone through his mask. The other figure falling alongside him was a buxom beauty with ashy-gray skin and blood-red eyes. She also had two horns growing from her forehead.

"Here it comes, Callie! You know what to do, right?!"

"Yes, I know! This is the fifth time you asked me that!"

The last of the two figures could only be described... as mechanical monstrosities. Though for some people, these machines would be considered the peak of mechanical wonders. The machines had rainbow colored crystals housed in their cores that were visible from the slight gaps left in their design. These crystals were the Exo-Prisms that Erden was trying to acquire. They also housed a single thruster in the rear allowing them to easily surpass supersonic speeds. Although both machines were similar in design, there were a few key differences, notably being their front halves and their color schemes. 

The first of the two machines contained an adequately sized orange shard held by metal beams in the center of the front that fired a giant exothermal beam, capable of melting the hardest of metals and vaporizing the toughest of bones. Parallel to the shard in the middle were two orange-tipped metal blades that were bent at a 45° in the direction of the shard. 

Last but not least, there were four V-shaped arms extended from the middle of its frame. The arms ended in an orange-tipped barrel and formed a 'X' formation. These were the secondary weapons, called Pulse Cannons. They were capable of shooting lasers in a pulse-like manner. This machine, part of the Exo-Mechs made up one half of the Supreme Hunters duo; The XS-01 model, Artemis.

 This machine, part of the Exo-Mechs made up one half of the Supreme Hunters duo; The XS-01 model, Artemis