7. The Offer - Into the land of Teyvat

"Hello There" -- Characters speaking

'General Kenobi' -- Character thoughts

"You are" 'a bold one' -- Invocations, Thoughts/Conversations in flashbacks

The Negotiator -- Titles

"Ah yes, the Negotiator" -- ??? speaking

------------------------------

"Huh... I'm back here?"

Upon opening his eyes, Erden was greeted by the same sight he had experienced when he was teleported to the Eternal Gardens; a sky full of stars, nebulae, and galaxies, their radiance illuminating the entire realm.

'How long was I out for? I've still got my armor on and my sword is... my sword!'

As he sat up on the grass, he frantically searched for the 2 meter long sword as he couldn't see it anywhere around his body. He almost began to panic until he looked through his Inventory, finding the blade taking up one of the slots.

'God, that scared the shit out of me for a second. I guess, that's also one of its functions.'

He released a sigh of relief as he observed his surroundings, spotting the same apple tree he had seen before. Only this time, there was a new addition to the scenery: A table, along with two chairs, all emitting slights traces of Mana were situated under the tree.

As he began to walk over there, he noticed that on one of the chairs facing away from him sat a figure. They had shoulder-length white hair with a slightly tanned face hidden under a black-and-gold mask that had slits acting as eyeholes. They wore loose dark clothing with gold accents, and a white hooded overlay on top of it. Judging from their build, it was most likely that they were a male.

Reaching the tree, he sat on the remaining unoccupied chair as his gaze sat on the mysterious individual

Reaching the tree, he sat on the remaining unoccupied chair as his gaze sat on the mysterious individual. For a few moments, neither said anything as they simply sized each other up. Until the silence was broken by the voice of the masked being, echoing out through the realm.

"Tea, or coffee?"

Caught off-guard by such an abrupt question, Erden quickly composed himself as he answered unabashedly, expressing his choice of beverage.

"I'll take coffee, with sugar, of course."

The masked being chuckled upon hearing Erden's response, as he snapped his fingers, causing motes of light to combine, forming an ornate cup filled with coffee.

Erden picked it up as he brought it close to his lips, before he stopped. He suddenly cast a suspicious gaze on the masked being, as he questioned the man's intentions.