The Alchemist and the Sister -14-

Start from the beginning

The Fatui diplomat bit the side of her lip in frustrated annoyance. "Nothing as of now, but—" You cut her off again. "Exactly, nothing. Jean and the knights on the other hand have been working day and night to get this under control. You have not. So let's leave this to the people who actually care and work to protect Mondstadt, yeah?"

The two of you stared at each other for a minute, her with a look of appalled disgust, you with empty care. She broke her gaze away first with a scoff. "Very well. But if more process doesn't happen soon, I will be forced to take over for Mondstadt's best interest." She said coldly.

You narrowed your eyes. "I can assure you... that won't be necessary under any circumstance. Especially since you have nothing to do with Mondstadt's best interest in anyway." The woman huffed and crossed her arms before turning away and walking off with an air of annoyance. That was satisfying to you, getting under a Fatui's skin.

Behind you, Jean's fists we're balled up and slightly raised at her sides, a very tense position. Her face was almost entirely pink, borderline red, and her heart rate had picked up significantly at your words. Hearing how much faith you put into her - and the knights of course - was enough to make her preen and nearly freak out. Obviously she wouldn't do that in front of you though. Hopefully you wouldn't notice her full on pink face either.

"Wha—! Y/N, that was so cool!" Paimon yelled while floating up to you, snapping Jean out of her awestricken stare at you. Aether followed Paimon, stars in his eyes at the interaction. You really were awesome!

You looked away and scratched your cheek. "Anyone here would've of said it. I just beat them to it." You claimed with a shrug. Jean would beg to differ! Plus, their words certainly wouldn't have meant as much as your's did.

Clearing her throat and forcing her blush away, Jean looked towards your trio and nodded in a greeting manner. "Oh, Y/N, Aether, Paimon, you're here." She bent forwards in a grateful bow. "Thanks for your help. The elemental flow is finally stable." She turned her gaze to you as she stood back up. "And thank you for standing up for me - er - Mondstadt, Y/N. It... truly meant a lot." She admitted softly while brushing away a strand of hair.

She sighed moments later and crossed her arms. "The aftermath of Stormterror's last attack is finally settled for the moment. However, the pressure from the delegation has become too big to be ignored..." She mumbled sadly. Paimon tilted her head. "Delegation?" She asked, "From Liyue Harbor or Inazuma City?"

"Snezhnaya," You answered for the Acting Grand Master, "They follow the God of Cryo. The Teresa or something." You pondered aloud dumbly. Jean gave you a gentle, fond look. "The Tsaritsa." She corrected kindly. You snapped your finger. "Right. That particular group is called the Fatui. Have you heard of them?" You asked, directed at Paimon while Aether looked a little clueless.

Paimon simply frowned and solemnly shook her head. "Oh, them. They are super famous," she paused, "Wait, infamous is more the word..." She mumbled off.

Jean sighed. "I don't think killing Stormterror is the right course of action. The Cryo God's Fatui have always coveted the Anemo God's power. I don't believe they have Mondstadt's best interests at heart." She confessed firmly.

You nodded feverishly. "100%. As much as I'd hate to compare them, the Fatui are almost like Black Vultures. They're bad even for common vulture standards. They let other people do all the hard work and benefit from it without barely even lifting a finger. They'll wait till you're at your lowest and weakest and then go in for the kill and tear you apart! They do that sometimes, Black Vultures, kill weaker animals like cows and ewes and their newborn. Their attacks are devastating... Oh, sorry, Paimon. I didn't mean to scare you." You said guiltily, seeing the little girl's face go as pale as her hair. "Why would you even make that comparison?!" She cried.