She slowly stood up, grabbing her phone and backpack.

"Nella, I was just looking out for you." He tried defending himself.

"Don't call me that. You weren't looking out for me. You were looking out for yourself. You were just jealous that I have friends that care about me more than you could ever, and when you realized that, you took the liberty to get rid of them."

"That's bullshit and you know."

"Oh, do I?" she scoffed before continuing.

"You knew that they wouldn't approve of you being in my life because of how you treated me. And you're trying to get rid of them, but I won't let you."

"The reason I don't want you to be around them is because I know people like they look for innocent and vulnerable girls to take advantage of, and I can't let that happen."

"Guys like him? If they're bad, you're worse because they are better people than you'll ever be. They're always their for each other, and they treat me a billion times better than all of you, my so-called family ever have and ever will so fuck you."

"You can't let me make it up to you if you keep throwing it in my face."

"I can't let you make it up to me because you act like this and there's nothing to make up I'm leaving whether you like it or not so there's no use in trying save a relationship that never existed therefore take your nonexistent efforts, it'll be in vain anyways. I'm done fighting with you all. This is the last time I'll tell you to leave me alone because if you aren't done with me, I'm done with you." She finished breathing heavily.

"That's enough." Elijah's voice boomed through the room.

"Jace, out now."

Jace looked at her for a few seconds before speaking again.

"I know it may not look like it, but I'm trying a lot harder than you think to show you how much I care about you. But I'll leave you alone if that's what you want." And with that, he left the room, leaving the tray of food behind.

Elijah turned back to Mika, motioning for her to sit back down.

They sat there in silence until he'd finally finished. It felt like an eternity before he gathered his supplies, but he stopped, lifting his head. Looking at her, he spoke softly.

"You I know you don't want to hear this, but he really is trying to show you he cares. He just doesn't know how to." At this, she scoffed.

"I highly doubt that's true. Please take your food and leave. I've lost my appetite."

"Don't doubt it. I assure you it's true he even took out a rather large sum of money when he learned that you shared his interest in certain aspects." He assured her.

"And what does that have to do with anything related to me?"

"I'm afraid I cannot give you the answer to your question, but he did do it for you."

"Why would he? To buy my trust. Please inform your brother that my trust can and will not be bought." Mika remarked sarcastically.

"To suprise you and show you he cares, and he's trying he even started taking his medication, and everyone knows he hates how it makes him drosy, bringing you food. He doesn't know how to show he cares, but he's learning because he's willing to learn for you." Elijah explained, maintaining eye contact with her.

She just hummed in response.

"At least make an attempt to eat something. I'll send Jane up to collect the tray in a few minutes." He tried to get her to eat something to start her day.

But at the mention of Jane's name, she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"What's wrong? You don't like jane?" He jokingly asked her.

"I'd rather not discuss that thing now. I'm already in a fowl mood. I don't need her spoilling it. I'll take it downstairs myself." She answered, irritated.

Not wanting to press on the matter anymore, Elijah sighed, sitting back down onto the bed.

"Alright, how about this? I'll feed you." He suggested.

"I don't need you to feed me. I'm not stupid. I just don't want the food." She shot down the idea.

"I never said you were stupid. But you have to eat, how about I stay here until you finish eating. Or you can eat what you want, and I'll take the rest downstairs on my way out, but sunshine, you have to eat something."

Sunshine?

"Did you eat?" She asked hesitantly.

"I'll eat when I go back down." He assured her.

"You can leave the tray. I'll eat so you should go eat too." She started eating though she wasn't hungry she didn't want him to go hungry because of her.

"I'll come back to collect the tray. Try to eat as much as you can, so you'll be able to function throughout the day." He ruffled her hair before kissing her forehead and leaving.

What is with the weird physical display of affection all of a sudden and the nicknames?