Minor Skirmishes

Alright, it's time to put the lemons aside and advance the main story for real this time.

====================================

I awoke the next morning with Alice humming away while sleeping.

"Commander..." She said as she held my arm. "...please...don't leave me."

I slightly moved to pull her in for a hug and she put her arms around me quickly. She's probably still dreaming. But then she opened her eyes and saw my face right away, making her blush.

"Morning, my sweet beautiful bunny." I said. "You wanted to feel safe?"

"Yes. Stay close to me, please."

"I won't let you go, until you're completely happy."

We shared a kiss as we embraced each other closely. Unfortunately, the morning snuggle was cut short when I heard the alarm on my phone go off. I grabbed it, only to then see an incoming call from Malcolm appear. I had to answer the call, no room for argument here.

"Hello, Malcolm, I wasn't expecting this." I answered.

"Yes. Good morning, Y/N. Apologies for the sudden call, but we have a situation that requires yours and the girls immediate attention. Please report to my office after breakfast. We're applying finishing touches to an upcoming task."

"Understood, we'll be on our way soon."

He ended the call and I had to get out of bed...looks like Rapi's day with me will have to wait.

"Commander?" Alice asked.

"Sorry, Alice, but we gotta have breakfast and get ready. Make sure you're prepared before we have to leave afterwards."

"Okay. But can I...kiss you once more?"

I smiled and gave her a kiss before I changed into my usual clothes and went downstairs to make breakfast for the girls who all turned up to sit with me and helping Alice settle into the group. A harem of six girls sounds amazing right now. Maybe I can squeeze in one more someday.

After breakfast was done, me and the six girls made our way to the HQ building and took the elevator to the CEO's office, where Malcolm and Ingrid were waiting for us.

"Good morning, mister." Malcolm greeted. "How are things now that a few days have passed?"

"Pretty busy ever since this I got involved in this." I replied. "I also had a sixth Nikke summoned who's joined me."

"Good. That means you have more than enough to assign you with this mission." Ingrid said.

Malcolm cleared his throat as he stood up and switched on a giant monitor showing a world map.

"Yesterday evening, one of our military outposts detected a power surge from inside Mount Rushmore. As you may be aware, it is a famous landmark. But it's also where we have two military bases that are loyal to the TIA."

"We sent out a summoner and his own small force of Nikkes who are loyal to him. They reported that they found the source of the power surge, but then there were gunshots and the feed was cut off." Ingrid said. "You are to travel to Mount Rushmore, find the recon team and investigate the source of the power surge."

"Woah, this is starting to sound like our old dimension." Anis responded. 

"Is it only the six of us going?" Rapi asked.

"Yes, but you won't be going over there blind." Malcolm replied. "From today onward, you'll have your own intelligence officer who will provide you with whatever information is available on the field at all times. Shifty?"