26. Punishing them

He, angered by my attempts, delivered two sharp slaps. Grasping the collar of my kurta, he prepared to yank it when someone pulled him away from me. I opened my eyes and saw an unknown boy.

The boy quickly kept launching punches at the man. I was shocked at , how the boy beat him up so badly but I was thankful that only because of him , I got saved.

After he pushed the man away and watched him run , he came towards me. He made me wear his jacket.

"Thank you for helping me."

"It's okay , you wait for me , i will get first aid."

He came back , treated my wounds and dropped me home.

I told my parents about it who were angry at me. I was literally shaken up due to the incident that for the next one week i burned in fever.

I finished and looked at ansh , he was almost tearing up and his fists were clenched.

"Bloody bastard , how dare he try to harm you ?" He yelled angrily.

"Relax ! That boy saved me. I am thankful to him."

"You don't hate me ? After listening to everything ? Don't you think it was my fault ?" I asked him after a pause.

"Are you crazy baby ? Why will I even think that absurd thing ? I love you and will always do. Now let's sleep , it was such an happening day."

"Hmm." I hummed.

He made us lie down on the bed and pulled the blanket over us. He kissed my forehead and i hugged him tighter , trying to find comfort in his arms. I fell asleep hearing his heartbeats and soft caressing on my hair.

___________________

Rudransh's pov

I continued to gently stroke her hair, my thoughts consumed by everything she had endured. She was incredibly strong, braving so much throughout her life. As I reflected on her revelation about her past-her parents' abuse, her harrowing suicide attempt, and the near-molestation she faced-it only deepened my admiration for her. My heart swelled with pride for my resilient biwi, and I vowed to always stand by her side, supporting her through every challenge.

I vow to kill those bastards who tried to touch my baby.

I took my phone and dialled Arjun's number. It keeps ringing , I groaned in frustration. I slowly made her lie down on bed properly and went to the balcony.

Finally , after 2 unanswered calls , he recieved my call.

"Fucking finally , idiot." I yelled at him.

"Rudra ? What is it ? Who calls at 3 in the night ?" He asked yawning.

"I have work for you. I want the chauhans in the dungeon , the first thing in the morning."

"Chauhans ? Shivu's foster parents ?"

"Yes , them. All of those three people."

"Okay. It will be done."

"Good and listen , ask Mohit to find out information about anya's whole past. Her file shouldn't be given to anyone but me."

"But-"

"She told me about everything , herself."

"Okay then , I will hang up." I disconnected the call.

I came back in the room to see anya sleeping peacefully. I went and took my place beside her.

_________________

I woke up due to some movements beside me , I opened my eyes and saw anya struggling to remove my grip.