Chapter 5: A Wanted Unwanted Help

Lucas grunted irritating mumbles while he and Lydia walked across the grassy path through a yard filled with beautiful plants and trees. Cypresses dance happily as the breeze gently tickled Lydia's skin, she giggled watching three bunnies dog-piling one another from across a daisy flowerbed.

She looked to find Lucas still mumbling. She couldn't help but wonder who were the Watchmen and who was this Alayah Rendòrò? And why she was said to be an unwanted Watchman?

Lydia cleared her throat to capture Lucas's attention. "Hey, Lucas, who are the Watchmen anyway?"

Lucas turned to her before glancing on the passing people wearing a hunter's clothing. "They are assigned to take care of any unnatural activity down on Earth while they have been gifted powers in able to keep the demons in watch."

Lydia nodded, "I see...but what's the deal with this Alayah anyway?"

Lucas grunted a sigh, "she's a Time Traveler."

"So you guys have those in here?"

"Yup, but it's not her powers that's the problem. It's herself in particular."

"Why?"

"She tends to bother us in a more...offending or should I say 'roastful' way as you guys say it nowadays. Mostly she says a lot of things that are brutal to our feelings moreover to me because with my..." Lucas paused lowering his head, his features softened filling with dark memories.

"What's wrong?" Lydia asked, noticing him down on the weather.

"Because of my issued relationship with my father..." he mumbled. "Usually it doesn't bother me but it sticked around like hot glue in my memory.  The thing was that when I used to be well..alive I don't exactly had healthy interactions with my father because on how he thought of me as a mistake and kept rubbing it to my face as he knew that shatters inside of me which he did. It felt like a nightmare just thinking about going back where I started without hyperventilating."

"Sorry to hear your story but what's that gotta do with your job and hers?"

"Oh, it started when I did travel back in time with Alayah to fix somethings in that particular timeline when dad showed up and embarrassed me in public without hesitation and became the mocking word after Alayah watching the entire scene."

"Whoa, that's brutal and mean."

Lucas smirked, "yeah it is..."

They suddenly stopped on their tracks when they were greeted by a teenage girl, wearing royal-blue robes hung above her ankles, aesthetic black boots, two pairs of crystal bracelet each on both wrists. The girl wore a heavy hood that hid her grin while leaning on an oak tree beside the path that she was blocking for Lucas and Lydia to walk through.

Lucas mumbled irritation. Lydia glanced at him and guessed it was Alayah. Alayah lazily twisted her head towards them then a smug tightened her lips. Lydia leaped forward and frowned at the girl, scolding for being such an out-controlled talker. Expecting her to be quiet when the hooded girl began cackling with her knees bend as she lifted herself off the tree then pulled off her hood, revealing a brown-toned face with the most darkest shade of black colored-hair in existence.

"Why are you laughing?" Lydia asked, furiously.

"Are you gonna simply believe all that?" She laughed. "Oy, guys! Lucas' telling his tragic story again!" She shouted, calling the attention of the people surrounded the place.

"Who did he talked with this time?" Echoed one of the Watchmen from afar.

"With the Whoopsies girl!" They bursted into fits of hysterical laughs that made Lucas growled with his blood boiling. Lydia looked at him with confusion, he shook his head in response before calling out to Alayah to quit her instant mocking about his past because it was true. But that caused them to laugh even louder until Alayah finally cleared her throat.