"Masquerade" short

Kinda filler chapter(?) mostly takes place during masquerade and short too

..

Y/n calmly made her way to her bedroom. She had personally asked Charlie for her own room, considering how nice the princess was. The demoness took a deep breath and laid down on her bed. Her room was decorated in a dim light of (color), some clothes were in their respectful places, and her shadows calmly hid themselves around the room.

Looking around, she wasn't sure if the room was comfortable enough for her pleasure. Heh.. pleasure..

Y/n suddenly hits her head. She felt like she was choking on her bow tie and ripped it off. Her eyes widen, her hands claw themselves to draw blood. She needed some sort of feeling besides feeling small.

She took off her tight overcoat. Her shirt loosened and Y/n could now relax her straightened back.

Smaller.. she limped and looked smaller.

Her cheeks rested. It felt strange now that she wasn't smiling as much at the moment. Why was she even here? Was it the want of seeing others fail for her entertainment, or was it that Alastor actually forced her to come here for his?

...Did she even want to change?

Y/n felt so much more.. what's the word.. relaxed? She was just laying there, having to feel something..

Her mind wondered off into space, just feeding back into what she enjoyed...

"I was an Overlord once, you know.

Yeah, and uh... It was nice to have that power."

A younger Husk smiled at the large stack of cash just inches away from his grip.

"But when you're dealing in souls while also being a gambler, the stakes are pretty high."

He spread out a stack of cards, but didn't know what he was losing afterwards.

"And losing a few hands can be more than a little dangerous. So when you're down on your luck, you turn to anything to..."

The cards kept going from nine to one, each signifying that Husk was losing every second down. Jester was just a mocking term for him as Y/n and Alastor were rewarded the Queen and King spades.

...Denote intellect and life's trials.

"Keep you afloat, even making deals with yourself."

Alastor smirked directly at Husker, who was at a complete and literal loss. Y/n loomed over the poor sinner, now in the ownership of the weaker once lord.

This replayed over and over in her head. Husker was in was hers and Alastor's hands. He was weaker than them. Weaker than her. She had to thank Alastor for bringing her into the high stakes of being an overlord, and for demolishing Husk's status as powerful.

She owns a soul.

Her smile slowly came back on her face.

At least she felt so much better now...

Remember..

Y/n is not a good person.