9. 2 Plus 1 Equals 3

The rain was pouring heavily outside, playing a perfect melody for the couple peacefully sleeping under the covers. Bodies were tangled in each other. No one dared to pull from one another. It was cold but they didn't mind at all—until a loud thunder shook the whole house. Addison flinched, moving her body as close as she could get to Derek's. "Shh. It's okay honey, it's just the thunder." Of course, a gentle comfort. "Der...I can't move my feet." It's the time of the night again. "I...Can you..." Derek turned on the lights and started massaging Addison's left foot first. "I'm sorry you have to do this." Addison shyly looked at her boyfriend? Weren't they past that already? "Lady, don't be sorry. This is totally fine. Besides, I always get a thank you kiss after so..." He wiggled his eyebrows, making the redhead laugh. "I just wish this would end immediately. Sometimes when you're not here, I cry because I can't get the right pressure of your fingers and it's just so frustrating Derek." And by that time, he heard her whimper. She became hormonal lately but as the one who caused it all, Derek understood.

"Do you want tea?"

"No!" Addison cried. "I just want you to hug me. You were not here last night, and I was so lonely. Amelia was also concerned but I pushed her away because I only wanted you Derek." Derek wanted to laugh so badly, but he knew better. "Okay Addie, no one's moving. Let's stay like this together..." and then he whispered the word "forever." Like a feather as he wrapped his arms around Addison's body, calming her down because her body was still shaking.

It had been a rollercoaster 11 months since Derek followed Addison in LA. It wasn't always as sweet as everybody expected it to be. Of course, there were fights and cries and slamming of doors at night but the two managed to find their way back to each other's arms. "Tomorrow is Sunday..." Technically, today since it was already half past 2. "I've been thinking. Would you want to go on a museum date with me?" Derek asked. But when he didn't hear an answer from Addison, he looked down to check at her and there she was, sleeping like a rock. "That means...it depends on your mood tomorrow." He sighed, pulling her closer to his body. "Goodnight firefly."

Firefly. He remembered the first time she called him firefly. She said... "You're my firefly because you're the only one who brings out the light in me." Derek felt guilty because as the years went by, after their marriage, and as Addison and their family stated–he was absent, making Addison's light go dim until it was gone, or until Mark helped Addison find her light again.

Early morning and the sun finally washed the rain away, but not the sound of Addison throwing her guts out in the toilet. She didn't like this stage of pregnancy especially when she woke up every morning just to do that. She took a deep breath before brushing her teeth and making breakfast. As she walked out of the bathroom, she saw Derek sprawled out sleeping, he removed his shirt from the night before and that made Addison shiver. Her mind immediately took her to the fantasy land and without any hesitation, she climbed back onto the bed, straddling her ex-husband. She rubbed her hands up and down Derek's shoulders and chest until she heard him groan and opened his eyes. "Hmm hello there sunshine." he smirked, running his hands up and down Addison's side. "Hiya stranger." Addison leaned down, her face was just an inch away from Derek's. They were breathing the same sweetness of LA's grand morning. "You were so sexy sleeping, and the devil in me decided to give you a nice and proper wake up way."

Addison's voice was so warm and hot at the same time, making Derek feel tightness on his boxers. "Oh yeah? How'd you plan on doing that?"

"I don't know..." Finally, Addison traced her tongue on Derek's jaw to his ear and whispered "I have a hundred and one ways in my mind. It will take me a whole day to show it to you."

"I don't mind even if it takes you a week." That made Addison laugh so hard. "Are you really into morning sex right now Derek?" She wrapped her arms around Derek's neck and rested her body against his, still laughing. Suddenly, strong arms flipped them together, and Addison's laugh subsided as she saw the fire in her ex-husband's eyes. "You started it honey. Besides, it's been what? A week since we had our last intercourse so..." His lips finally met hers, at first it was a very quick but sweet peck but Addison pouted as the contact left her. Their morning bliss ended with satisfaction that led them to just have a movie date in the house for another round instead of going out.