8. Mind Your Own Business

4 nights after the sleepover, Derek was still living in Addison's house, sleeping in her bed—sleeping with her. He didn't have any intentions on moving back to Seattle or to talk or see his ex-post-it-wife. He already applied as a neurosurgeon at the St. Ambrose Hospital, and of course since Addison's the practice's boss, he's automatically hired. So besides Amelia—being the annoyingly smart sister, another brain god added to the family. The pair both decided to just be lazy that Friday night. Derek followed Addison in the bathroom and found her pulling her hair in a ponytail, getting ready for her nighttime skincare routine.

Derek got déjà vu every time he looked at Addison's collection. There are too many bottles of creams, serum and everything in between that he couldn't even pronounce the names. "What do you need these for?" He asked, picking one of the bottles.

"That is for my face. You want to try?"

"Okay." He then looked at the description and his eyes read caviar on it. He first opened the small blue bottle and sniffed. "Smells delicious too." Addison had her eyes narrowed, watching him studies the whole bottle of cream by sniffing it. Suddenly, her eyes shot bigger when Derek licked the cream. "Derek! NOT LIKE THAT!" she tried to save the cream by snatching it before he could lick everything. "This is more than $500 and you are supposed to apply it on your face. Not on your tongue."

He immediately surrendered before he could witness the smokes getting out from Addison's nose and ears. He didn't want to risk his own life just for a bottle of face cream.

"Fine, I won't lick those anymore even though that one tastes good." He winked, kissing Addison's cheek. "Would you let me help you put those creams and whatever serums on your face?" Addison threw him a very skeptical look. That was the very first time. "Are you okay, Derek?" Because you never asked and you never even cared about these women stuff. You only cared about your hair stuff. Or maybe I'm dreaming. I'm not though. Did Pete put those needles into his brain? What's happening? "Yeah of course I'm okay. Just want to try what you're doing. Can I put some on my face too?" Addison found it amusing; she would've expected Mark to try those products. But what did they know?

They looked at each other through the mirror, eyes were glistening. There were too many emotions boiling and they needed to address those. They promised no strings attached but these two had a million of issues to resolve and one of those was their true feelings for each other. One of them was still holding back and the other one was ready to fight for what is right. Addison was the first one to break the ice by saying "Go ahead. As long as you use the cheap ones." That could range from a hundred dollars to three. "Why?"

"Because you might wanna lick those again, and I'm not going to let you do that anymore. Go lick something else."

"Like you?" it was a feather-like whisper that made Addison tingle up and down her spine. Derek's hot breath hit her skin and she immediately felt goosies all over her body. He knew her too well that he could tell she's already doing her best to keep her legs closed. "Hey!" She pointed at him. "You're such a distraction Derek. You go mind your own business now."

"You're in my mind and my business. So I'll do you." His hands skillfully found the tie of her robe, untying it lose. "Stop it." But Addison swatted his hand away. "You're no fun, Addison." He then took her hand, and playfully bit her arm. "Ow! What's wrong with you?"

"You look like a snack and I just want to take a bite." That was the corniest pick up line she ever heard from him. It was a good thing that he was becoming the old Derek she fell in love with, however her heart wasn't ready to be broken again. No strings attached. It was impossible for them to keep that promise because they couldn't get enough of each other.

Addison couldn't help herself but laugh though. "See. I still get you."

"I know. But Derek that was corny. Now get lost and let me finish my business here."

"And then we'll mind our own business?"

"Don't get your hopes high mister. I have some researching to do." She gave him a sad smile, finally applying some cream on her face. "And you are—"

"Going to help you out as promised."

Addison agreed and gave Derek the instructions. His fingertips were so soft massaging her face she almost fell asleep. "I'm glad you have a talent. Why didn't you do this before?" why did I even ask that if I already knew the answer? She looked into his eyes; the pain and regret were still residing in those ocean blue orbs. She wanted to say I'm sorry but she already done enough of that and he didn't have an answer for that question. What was he going to say? Because I don't have time for you back then?

"I'm glad to have this talent too. I should do this every night." To chase the lost times with you, even though I know I can't. "All righty, done." As a satisfied customer, Addison smiled. "Thank you Derek." Thanking him with a soft kiss on the cheek.

"That's a hundred and fifty dollars for tonight's service. I can even give you extra service if you'd like."

"I will repay you with extra-extra service tomorrow night. I promise." He playfully pouted, looking so sad like a puppy. "Grow up, Derek." Addison stood up, getting the bottle of cream from Derek's hand. They exchanged placed so she could apply the cream on Derek's face too. "I like it when you're freshly saved. You look younger."

"Why thank you Dr. Montgomery." With his warmed heart, he pulled Addison on his lap, wrapping his arm around her waist as she continued massaging his face. "By the way, I haven't told you this but..." There's a but. Was it a good or a bad but? "Your new circle of friends, they...I don't know. I think they're—" Doesn't he like them? "I'm glad that they are treating you so well like a family."

"Thank you. They really are good people." I mean...never mind. "And they care. That's what I love about them." She finally finished her routine, when Derek saw a box of watermelon jelly sheet mask. His curiosity hit again. "How about this? Can I eat it?"

"Derek! You're no longer allowed to step in this area." Addison removed her robe, at that moment she was just wearing her lacey maroon silk nightgown. "Are you killing me Addison?"

"Are you coding?"

"I'm not but I'm already out of breath just seeing you in that night dress or whatever you're wearing." After more than 11 years of being together, you still never learned.

Addison was already walking out of the bathroom but decided to give a little tease. She let the other strap fall off her shoulder as she looked back at Derek sultry. "As you should honey." And then winked before completely disappear. Derek on the other hand, was left speechless with wide eyes open. Flashing the image of him, Addison and bed in his mind. Damn you woman, you're still a tease.