Do you dislike any food? What are your hobbies? What are your thoughts about children? Lights on, lights off?

"Lights o-"

"Please don't misunderstand!" Lucien finally gathered enough courage to stop this craziness. 

This would be the first and last time Lucien would introduce a friend to his family. Without any hesitation, Lucien dragged Vil away from his brothers for the greater good. 

It was when the second half of the battle between Scarabia and Ignihyde was Lucien feeling bored to death. As if on purpose he heard a gossip about his dear seatmate named Malleus. 

"I heard that scoring a goal between Malleus' horns gives a bajillion of points."

"Malleus? Do you mean THAT Malleus? Aren't we against his dorm for our first game? If I successfully earned a bajillion points I'll pursue becoming a professional Spelldrive player."

"Really? Then, if I scored a bajillion points I would give up our family business to become an umpire." 

The two Pomefiore students laughed knowing that they won't be able to score a bazillion points. 

"If I managed to shoot the disk between Malleus' horns then I'll give him a kiss," Lucien muttered the joke to himself.

"Will you honor your promise if you follow through?"

What the! How did Malleus- "I'm eagerly anticipating your skill showcase. Now then, I must take my leave. Lilia is waiting for me."

With Lucien's skills, he wouldn't be able to achieve that right? Right?

Kidding. IT'S A SCHEME, I'M TELLING YOU! A SCHEME! Lucien knew for a fact that he simply passed the disk to Vil with Malleus on the other side of Vil's general direction. In the blink of an eye, Malleus was there with the disk going through in between his horns. THE FACT THAT IT WAS DELIBERATE IS EXTREMELY EVIDENT, EFF! Anyway.

"Eagerly anticipating your skills my face," Lucien said as he kicked the air. Pomefiore lost to Diansomia. Their next game would be against Ignihyde in the loser's bracket. If they lose again then Pomefiore is eliminated. Since there were still two matches before their game Lucien decided to go wash his hands in hopes of running away from Malleus.

"Brother! You were so cool!" It was Lite who just came out of the washroom, "Uhm, is the game finished?"

"Yes, we lost," Lucien forgot about washing his hands and led Lite out of the stadium to walk around the stalls. 

Unfortunately, amongst the sea of people, Malleus stands out too much. Malleus was with a petit girl who looked outgoing and fun to be with. Oh, so that's his type? Oh, there seems to be also another guy, and another guy. There is a total of three people with Malleus and Lucien can not recognize any of them.

"Ah, Valentin," Lucien read the words spoken in Malleus' mouth as their gazes met, the three people around Malleus also curiously looked at his general direction. 

"Lite, do you wanna go?" Lucien whispered but Lite who was busy looking around did not hear.

Lucien was calm not until he noticed Malleus' peers walking towards him. Malleus brought his gang to make trouble? Better to run away then!

"Howdy!" The petite girl appeared before him, floating upside down.

Lucien was shocked, he stood frozen with no visible reaction since his face was covered with fringes. "It's a guy," Lucien muttered.

"Wahhh! That's so cool!" Lite exclaimed.

"Why, hello there little dreamer," Lilia Vanrouge chuckled as he did a flip and faced the little Valentin and Lucien. "You must be Lucien Valentin, the one from Pomefiore. I've heard so much about you. How about you, little dreamer?"

"I'm Lite! I'm nine," Lite showed a big grin. He's not usually this social, he must be interested in the other person.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lite, Lucien, I'm Lilia. Lilia Vanrouge," Lilia playfully did a bow to Lite.

"OIIIII! Lilia, what are you thinking? Leaving Master Malleus like that!" A booming voice can be heard from afar. Near? Who knows.

So that's Lilia Vanrouge? Oh, wait, Lucien feels like he saw Lilia earlier but he could not remember.

Approximately five hundred years ago, Lilia Vanrouge felt that it was utter bullshit when he received his invitation letter from NRC. Never would it have slipped in his mind that one day he'd enter this same school he ignored. Other than that, he also never imagined attending the same school with the people he cherished. Now, talking about people he cherished, it's been a while since Malleus talked about someone in a fond way and it's always about that one human named Lucien Valentin.

"In a serendipitous turn of events, the two students found themselves engaged in an unplanned rendezvous, seamlessly navigating through it as if it was orchestrated by the hands of fate," Lilia laughed at his inner thoughts and quickly brushed it off aside. "In the end, it is evident that a relationship between a human and a fae does not yield any beneficial outcomes."

---

Lucien did not know how he managed to have some alone time with Malleus.

"Here, a snow globe!" Never mind, Lite is still here.

Malleus gratefully accepted Lite's gift while Lucien watched the two of them like he was a chopped liver. Without warning, the gazes of two first-year students meet, the other hiding a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Lucien's eye twitched in annoyance as he saw the underlying hint of snark, it was probably just his imagination, right?

"The two of us could use some private time together," Malleus tried to hint.

"What? No! It's still too early for my brother-" Overwhelmed by panic, Lucien reacted swiftly by covering Lite's mouth, his goal being to prevent any more words from being uttered.

"Sorry, can I take back what I said?"