Chapter 7: At Gol's Bright Side

Start from the beginning

"I'm just kidding Gid. She likes you, she mentioned you more often. But I warn you now; if you hurt Mina I will surely crush your skull! Am I clear?" he gripped his fist in front of me.

"I will not let Mina cry, I promised that pal!" I replied holding my open hands in front of me.

"Hahaha, I know you will not!" he smiled and he drew back his fist.

It's the first time I saw the bright side of Gol, his face now was bright and happy. I'm right that he's not that mean.

"I think our foods are cold already, hehehe. It's better if we eat now." I suggested.

"Yeah, you're right and I'm hungry already. Before that, let's get some hot water for our coffee," he suggested.

"Mr. Angelo's coffee is the best, did you know that? I really love it's aroma, especially the cape da crema, I really love its creamy taste, hehehe." I exclaimed while rubbing the bag of powder of coffee on my face.

"Yeah! Mina told me that you really love Mr. Angelo's coffee, Hahaha! Thanks pal, now I know the feeling of having friend."

After we got hot water from the hot water of the canteen, we sat back to our table. We ate, talk and laugh and eat, talk and laugh, hehehe and especially sipped our delicious coffee. We now synchronized to the beautiful noise of the Canteen.

----

After we ate we went to the Military Armory, it was located in front the Military Building.

As we walk through the Military's first floor we saw that the normal army were eating at the first floor's canteen, it's also noisy, hehehe, and no one noticed our presence. We entered the Military Armory and we found a big man with a rounded belly and rounded face with a long wavy white hair paired by his white mustache; he's on his late fifty I guess. He's the Armory Keeper.

"Good morning gentlemen!" he greeted us with his deep loud voice.

The Armory was big and old bungalow building, it was not dirty though. Its door was on its middle part of the front wall. I could see on my left side a well arranged set of weapons, divided into three columns; the first column was for the swords, next was for the spears, then the third column was for the dagger. On my right side, there I could see shields, dagger, cross bow and bow. And in front of me was the Armory keeper, placed his round body on his big chair, and resting his elbow on a big brown table and on the back of him, there I could see armors hanged on a tray.

"Good morning too Mister!" we replied.

"What brings you here?" he asked politely.

"We're commanded by Capitan Diego to gather our armor and weapons here." I answered on a polite way, hehehe.

"Ah! So you're Capitan Diego's trainee," he answered while he was standing up, I could saw his effort in standing, and he placed a box on the table.

"Here's your training uniform and your armor," he said.He opened the box and took the armor inside it.

The Military Armor was jacket metal plate connected by straps over the shoulders and strap across the waist. It had pairs of steel arm-guards and steel leg-guards.

"This was no ordinary armor... It was designed for Heroes that capable in enlarging their body or body parts like the two of you. Capitan Diego requested these armors for you..." he gave the armors to us.

"Wow! Cool!" I stretched the jacket, its elastic indeed, but I it's not made of steel. I was curious about that so...

"It's not made of steel!?" I said.

The Keeper grin, "You're correct of that!"

He grabbed the armor in my hands and touched it carefully and he showed me the armors fiber then I saw wood-like strands.

"Are those strands of wood?" I assessed.

"Yeah! You're correct of that again! It was from the Gumahan Tree!"

"I never heard of that!" I interrupted.

"I neither..." Gol affirmed.

"Hahaha! You're correct of that again... It was rare and it only grows every 50 years, yet it was discovered by the explorer of the Town of Tuo.. This tree never bear fruits but its body was flexible yet it's hard.. and.."

"It's light too." Gol added.

"You're correct of that again!!!" the Keeper responded

.We took the box and put back the armors and I asked for the staff and Gol also requested for axes, which Capitan Diego advised. We bid our farewell to Mr. Keeper and we went back to our room.