Ch. 4 - First Meet

Start from the beginning

The most unexpected part was seeing Rohan enter the hall. For the second time in my life, the world stopped, time froze and everything blurred - keeping my sole focus on one person. The very same effects as the first day I lay my eyes on him. What's with this guy blurring everyone out in the room?

I took him in for the first time. School uniform, a black bag across his one shoulder, a hairstyle I didn't know the name of but surely suited him. If he looked good in video, he took my breath away when face-to-face.

I'm sure he didn't notice me yet. Even if he did, it will probably be because I'm the tallest girl in the room. I really don't want to be excited at this but I am. I am excited AND relieved that he is taller than me. Why? I don't know.

You know. You just don't want to admit it.

Shut up. Your opinion is not needed and definitely not helping right now.

I was just stating facts. And if you don't come to your senses and keep staring at him like he's a 6-foot-tall bar of chocolate our dad will catch on. Not to mention your emotions is probably scattered all across your face.

Okay, I may have been glancing at him but I'm definitely not staring at him like he's a 6 foot tall chocolate.

I quickly masked my expression and looked away from him because I didn't want to raise any suspicion. But it was so damn hard I ended up taking a peek at him every 5 seconds and looking at him from the corner of my eye the other 4 seconds.

It's as if no one exists when he's in front of me. And that's disturbing because it's unhealthy - but I don't seem to care about that.

Nevertheless, I tried my best to not reveal anything and kept a calm, normal face. After many volunteers came, I figured out we were supposed to stand on different tables and represent each planet of the solar system. We ought to give out some clues for some quiz and make them do some activity. At the end, our astronomy teacher would see all applications and answers to determine the winner.

Not so boring. I can do it.

I was given the planet Earth (just the planet I want to escape) and had to do some morse code. I figured it out in 5 mins, thanks to my smart-but-not-so-smart brain. And next I would have to guide people on how to do it but not spill the answer. I also had to sit beside a kid, who happened to be my classmate's sibling and that classmate happened to be Rohan's friend. I know it means nothing but my stupid heart....

Anyways, that kid was so silent we barely talked. I tried asking him a few questions to kill boredom but only got short clipped answers instead. So I shifted my focus on guiding the participants and helping those who couldn't figure out the morse code - anything that avoided staring at Rohan.

Despite all my efforts, I kept glancing at Rohan every 5 seconds once and took him in. I knew just how hard it is going to be in school for me. I cannot take my attention away from this guy for even once. Even if I'm talking to others, my eyes keep seeking him not seeming to realize the importance of eye contact while speaking. It feels as if everything ceased to exist whenever he's close and that is so fucked up.

All these intense feelings were so new to me that I was overwhelmed. I didn't speak to him once. I couldn't even try. Being an introvert doesn't help either. Even though I'm slowly opening up and texting my classmates, neither of them were him. Apparently, Rohan has some different kind of magnetic field which attracts mine like crazy - I can neither go near because it's too intense nor can I stay away because I'm clearly pulled by a stronger force than I can repel.