・.・✫Nine

୨⎯ Chapter 9⎯୧
"Echos of Sorrow"

୨⎯ Chapter 9⎯୧"Echos of Sorrow"

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THE MIDDAY'S SUN filtered through the dense canopy above, casting dappled shadows across the forest floor as I lay nestled in my makeshift bedroll, seeking respite from the day's journey. The warmth of the sun and the gentle rustle of leaves provided a comforting backdrop to my slumber, wrapping me in a cocoon of tranquility.

But the tranquility shattered with Legolas's urgent touch, rousing me from my daytime repose.

"Liairse, wake up," his voice, tinged with urgency, pierced through the haze of sleep, stirring me to consciousness.

Blinking away the remnants of my daytime dreams, I sat up, confusion clouding my thoughts as I surveyed the campsite. The absence of Merry, Pippin and Sam's cheerful chatter was glaring, their belongings the only remnants of their presence.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my voice heavy with sleep, my mind struggling to comprehend the situation.

Legolas's solemn gaze met mine, his words painting a picture of distant turmoil that had drawn our friends away. "We heard commotion in the distance. They must have gone to investigate."

My heart clenched with worry as Gimli's gruff voice confirmed my fears. "They're gone, lass. Took off in a hurry, they did."

Gone? The realization struck Liairse like a blow. "And you let them go alone?"

Legolas's expression was grave as he nodded, his eyes scanning the sun-dappled surroundings. "We didn't have much choice. By the time we noticed they were gone, they were already out of sight."

Determination surged within me as I rose to my feet. "We need to find them. Now," I declared, my voice firm with resolve.

Legolas's nod of agreement spurred me into action, his assurance bolstering my resolve. "I'll take point. Gimli, stay close to Liairse."

"Aye, I'll keep an eye on her," Gimli replied, his stout figure a reassuring presence at my side.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

As we arrived at the scene, my heart clenched with dread as Legolas' gaze, filled with sorrow, fell upon Aragorn and Boromir, one knelt down and the other laying motionless. The sight pierced me to the core, and my eyes stung with unshed tears as I beheld the solemn scene. Beside me, Gimli bowed his head, his stout frame trembling with emotion.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Aragorn's expression softened, a fleeting shadow of sorrow passing over his features. "We were ambushed by Orcs," he explained, his voice tinged with regret. "Boromir... he defended us bravely, but we was outnumbered."