- 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚁𝚞𝚗 -

Start from the beginning

-

Shigaraki was having a hard time because the further Midoriya went the distance between them grew, especially with Endeavor hot on his trail.

But Shigaraki can feel him though, as All For One responded enthusiastically to be united with its other half. The strange sensation was tugging him forward in a way he wouldn't have deemed possible.

Shigaraki wondered if this feeling of incompleteness would fade once he took One For All.

"It seems that we're the same now, Izuku Midoriya," Shigaraki said with an unexpected fondness reaching his voice.

Despite how much Shigaraki hated the boy, he could no longer deny the interchangeable connection they shared. It was sickening, to say the least, but knew once he took One For All, these sentimental feelings would cease to exist.

-

A mix of adrenaline and terror shook Izuku's core once the communicators stopped working.

Kacchan must've felt it too, because Midoriya could hear the stiffness in his voice when he pointed it out.

A vision of last summer in Kamino appeared in Midoriya's head and how terrifying it was to be in All For One's presence.

It was a miracle that Izuku and his classmates made it out alive.

Suddenly, a burst of smoke enveloped Midoriya and Bakugo. Both boys went into their fighting positions and prepared for the worst, but the magnitude of Shigaraki's darkness spread like wildfire.

Midoriya and Bakugo froze as they stared at the man before them. He was hunched over, almost like he was in pain, but the smirk on his face didn't waver.

Shigaraki's hand, broken and bloody, then reached out.

Midoriya and Bakugo felt their confidence wavering, and it showed on the cracks that had begun to form on their skin.

"Izuku Midoriya." Shigaraki purred, looking into the younger boy's eyes.

"Give me One For All..."

A demand, not a request.

Midoriya wanted to run but the same feeling of fear that night in Kamino overpowered him.

Everything flickered before Izuku as the hand drew closer. Was this it? Would his effort to run be the cost of the legacy All Might had entrusted to him?

Thankfully, it wasn't.

Seconds before Shigaraki made contact with Midoriya, the sound of a jet engine was heard, and a figure whooshed past Shigaraki, disappearing with the two children.

Izuku looked up to see that Gran Torino was the one who saved them and let out a noise of surprise.

"After I heard One For All over the radio, I was afraid he would track you down. Were you planning on fighting him by yourselves? Nonsense. Shigaraki's decay destroys everything it touches; the smallest piece of debris can kill you on contact." The old man chided before adding, "He's not someone you can handle on your own."

Izuku shrunk upon himself and glanced at the older hero he admired. He knew that Gran Torino was right but didn't want to become a burden to the heroes because he was now considered a target.

"Well, we can try!" Midoriya said earnestly, his gaze flickering back to Shigaraki, who they left in the dust.

"Don't forget, the pro heroes aren't dead yet! Those of us left will handle him." Gran Torino's voice hardened behind the reassurance of his tone.

Izuku nodded numbly but still felt a sense of dread.

The hero trainee had seen the look in Shigaraki's eyes when he came close to touching him. They weren't unhinged or unfocused but more driven compared to their encounter in the mall.

Shigaraki's actions also held more confidence and intention, making him a frightening opponent.

If Gran Torino hadn't shown up, Shigaraki would have likely killed Midoriya and Bakugo after taking One For All.

At that thought, something stirred in Izuku's chest, and he felt an intense sadness replacing the weight on his shoulders.

It was strange because Midoriya was sure these feelings of sadness were directed toward Shigaraki or perhaps someone else.

Izuku shook his head and let the wind fly in his face. 'It doesn't matter how I feel because either way, he must be stopped.'

Whether it was some cursed fate or destiny, Tomura Shigaraki would keep finding him.

And Izuku doesn't think he'll be able to escape next time.